Top 10 Favorite Books of 2026 (So Far)
I was very excited to put this list together because I feel like have read some really good books this year. Last year was rough because I had very few 5-star reads, but it turns out that I only have THREE this year. I have a bunch of 4.5-star reads, so that's great, but more 5 stars would also be great. Lol.
These first 3 books are the ones I gave 5 stars to. The first is a manga that was fun and ridiculous and had tons of action... my favorite combo in manga. Lol.
The Hacienda is a historical horror that I loved more than I anticipated. I NEED to read this author's other books asap!
And Cursed Objects is a nonfiction book about, well, cursed objects. Lol. It was fun and I really enjoyed the writing! For me, in a nonfiction book, the writing makes or breaks it. If it's too dry, I have a hard time enjoying it, but this one was great!
The rest of the books on the list I gave 4.5 stars, but I still consider them favorites! The first one is a Lynn Painter book 😍 I'm not a big romance reader, but when I am in the mood for one, Lynn Painter is my go-to. Her books are just so cure and fun and heartwarming, and Fake Skating was no different! It's also a sports romance, which I am not a sports person at all, but I didn't mind it!
Warbreaker was SO freaking good! (FYI... this book is FREE on Brandon Sanderson's website, which is how I read it, and I highly recommend everyone grab it!) Brandon Sanderson is just so good at worldbuilding, making an interesting magic system, and writing great characters! I loved it! I've actually been thinking a lot about this author lately, and how I'm craving another of his books. Hopefully I'll be able to make that happen soon 🤞
Dead Fake and Night Terror are two books I haven't been able to shut up about because of the Fear Street vibes they gave me. I freaking love these! They were SO fun and I'm looking forward to the next two books coming out in the series later this year!
How to Fake a Haunting was a lot of fun! I loved the whole fake haunting thing. But I also, much to my surprise, enjoyed the family drama. It was so good!
The Haunting of Paynes Hollow is a horror novel by Kelley Armstrong, something I didn't know I needed in my life but glad I got. Lol. It revolves around the legend of the Headless Horseman, and I just loved it!
And Go Luck Yourself is another romance novel. Yeah, that's TWO romance books on my list this year 😆 I loved it! This one was a romance between the (other) prince of Christmas and the prince of St. Patrick's Day, and I ate it all up. It was SO good! I love this world and these characters!
Let me know what some of your favorite books have been so far this year! 😊
No comments:
Post a Comment