Friday, December 28, 2018

Top Books I Read in 2018



2018 is coming to an end so it's that time to look back at some of my favorite book I read in 2018!


By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6) Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8) Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12) Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1) Spartan Promise (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #2)

First thing's first, I love Jennifer Estep and I read like a bazillion of her books this year. Lol. Most prominently, the Elemental Assassin series! I just love Gin Blanco and could not get enough of her!

In By A Thread Gin goes on vacation, but this assassin cannot catch a break when someone there is in need of her special skills... basically, she kills people. Lots of them. And it was very cool! I really liked this book because we get out of Ashland and get to see some new scenery. But also, Gin's old flame makes an appearance and she has to deal with those feelings. Yikes!

In Deadly Sting guests at a museum are held up during a robbery. It's too bad for the bad guys that the Spider was in attendance. What I loved about this book is that it mostly takes place in one night as Gin lurks around the museum killing everything in sight as she tries to thwart the bad guys plan. It was awesome!

Black Widow was also amazing! In this one Gin finally battles the infamous M.M. Monroe, relative of Mab Monroe the woman who killed her family. Everything that happened in this book was insane, but in the best way possible. The fights, as always, were amazing!

Kill the Queen was Jennifer Estep's first fantasy book and it was amazing! It was a perfect blend of magic, kickass heroines, and lots of dead queens! Lol. I can't wait to read the next one!

And last, but definitely not least, Spartan Promise. I adore the Mythos Academy world and I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this great book! It was a fantastic sequel and I am already excited to read the next one!

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

I don't even know if I have to say how amazing the TID and TMI series are, but I enjoyed them so much! CoB was a re-read and I loved it as much as I did when I first read it! 💗

Haunted (Fear Street, #7) The Fear Street Saga Collection  (The Fear Street Saga Trilogy, #1-3: The Fear Street Saga, #1-3) You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1)

Up next is Fear Street, another of my favorite series! I really enjoyed Haunted because of the insane plot twist I did not see coming! There is a ghost haunting our main character claiming that she killed him. Except, she doesn't remember doing such a thing! Dun, dun, DUN!

And the Fear Street Saga trilogy is definitely my favorite because it tells the story about how the Fear curse started out. It's very interesting, this Fear/Goode feud, and so insane! I really enjoyed it!

And the last Fear Street book is the first in the Return to Fear Street series! The brand new series that just came out this year! And You May Now Kill the Bride was really good! I'm excited for the rest of this series!

Holding Court Final Girls Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters Evil Librarian

Holding Court was super cute and fun with a very sweet romance AND a murder mystery! It was great! Plus, the main character has a very cool, yet inconvenient, ability. It was hilarious!

Final Girls was a great horror book with crazy, amazing plot twists! It was very well written and I am looking forward to reading more from this author!

Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters was one of the few nonfiction books I have ever read, and it was great! Obviously, it about serial killers. Lol. It went in depth into the psychology behind why these killers do the things they do, and it was very interesting! It was also incredibly disturbing so I had to take breaks from it, but overall it was amazing! I highly recommend it if you're into true crime stuff.

And my last favorite book this year was Evil Librarian. The new librarian is a demon and is draining the students at the school, so the main character tries to stop him. It was so incredibly funny, and I loved that! Of course, I also loved the supernatural element to it. Lol.


Novellas:

A Longtime (and at one point Illegal) Crush Kiss of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #8.5) Haints and Hobwebs (Elemental Assassin, #4.7) Halloween Frost (Mythos Academy #1.5) Down Time (I Hunt Killers, #0.1)

And here are some short stories I read throughout the year that I really enjoyed! First up is A Longtime (and at one point Illegal) Crush which was a contemporary! I know, I know. I pretty much never read contemporaries. I have to be in a certain mood to want to read contemporaries, and it actually happened a couple times this year! I love Janette Rallison's work, so I knew I was gonna love this one! It was very cute!

Next is two novellas from my favorite series: Elemental Assassin! One was in Owen's POV and the other had a ghost in it! We've never had ghosts before in this world, so that was cool!

And then another Jennifer Estep novella because she is just my favorite: Halloween Frost! My favorite series of all time! I love this world so much and it had been a while since I last visited the OG Mythos Academy world. It was fun to come back and visit Gwen and Logan. I really missed them!

And last is Down Time, an I Hunt Killers prequel, which was amazing! This got me really excited to actually start up on the series which is about this teenager whose dad is a serial killer 😳


Let me know what your favorite reads of the year were!

No comments:

Post a Comment