Saturday, April 13, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #11



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


Deadly Dreams (Death Walker, #1) Forget-Her-Nots Dead Connection Break Away (Away, #1) Touch (Denazen, #1)

Deadly Dreams has dreams and boys and darkness, which would usually add up to something I would like, but the synopsis isn't capturing my attention. It's gone.

Forget-Her-Nots has magic via flowers but I'm just not entirely into it. It's gone.

Dead Connection is about a loner who can hear the dead and he knows what happened to a murdered cheerleader, and thus ensues an adventure! I'm into it! Keeping!

Break Away I'm pretty sure I added because I liked the cover. Lol. Reading the synopsis now... I'm not too into it, but it sounds kinda cool? But I also know I'm probably not gonna get to it, so it's gone.

Touch... when I first added this book I was super into it. But now? Not so much. It still sounds interesting, but not interesting enough for me to keep it around. It's also gone.

Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1) Catspell (The Fairy Godmother Dilemma, #1) Quicksilver (Ultraviolet, #2) Getting Caught Hurricane (Hurricane #1)

Something Strange and Deadly is a sort of historical, zombie type of book, I think, and it's very (imo) reminiscent of The Infernal Devices, which I love and have been thinking about a lot lately, so I'm gonna keep this one!

Catspell has fairy godmothers and magic and cats and fairy tales gone wrong! Yes please! Keeping!

Quicksilver is the sequel to Ultraviolet, which I read a looooong time ago, but I remember really loving. This had been on my tbr list forever, but I definitely do want to get around to it eventually! Keeping!

Getting Caught is, believe it or not, a contemporary. You know I don't read a lot of those, but I've been coming around to the genre in the last year or so. But I am very particular about what contemporary books I read (they're mostly Janette Rallison books tbh. Lol.) Anyway, I'm on the fence about this one because it sounds fun... it's about two ex-bffs involved in a prank war. But... idk... you know what, I'm getting rid of it. I'm picky. Lol.

Hurricane has a kidnapping within Hurricane Katrina... don't know if I'm into that. It's gone.


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 6
Total books kept on TBR list: 4


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment