Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday Post #269: Catching Up


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Hey, long time no see 😅 On one of these posts, anyway. Lol. So what have I been up to? Not much, tbh. Just work. Our house is till a mess. If you missed that on one of my Monthly Wrap-Up posts, basically, late in the Spring, our water heater broke and flooded our kitchen. We didn't have hot water for a long while, but now we do (thank the gods!) Our flooring was ripped up and we're going to need new kitchen cabinets. However, those cabinets wont be done until like October or something ridiculous like that, hence the mess. I had two week off at the start of summer and painted the house, so at least that's (mostly) done. Our flooring arrived, but I'm not quite sure when it's going to be put in. So that's been happening. It's all very annoying and I'm just about done with this mess 😒

Work wise, the kiddo I take care of and I have one week of summer school left and then after that I'm going to be switching over to night shift for about a month until regular school starts back up. I'm looking forward to night shift because it's so much more calm, but also not because it's always hard to stay up at night. Lol.

What I've been watching:

So I watched Loki, of course, and I loved it! It was... insane! I am so excited for phase 4! I also went to the movies for the first time in over a year, and the first movie I saw was, of course, a Marvel movie. Lol. Black Widow was amazing! I loved it so much! I am thinking about watching it again. I just really enjoyed it and the relationship between Natasha and Yelena 🖤 I also watched the Fear Street movie trilogy, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would! They were SO good! Really solid horror movies! They didn't follow the books, but the lore they built was really interesting. I enjoyed it!


Yesterday, out of nowhere, I was just in the mood for documentaries so I watched the following three. To be fair, I've wanted to watch the Britney Spears one (it's on Hulu) for a while now, since her case with the conservatorship has gotten more media attention. And it was really good! I love Britney, I used to listen to her music all the time back in the day, and everything she's gone through, and everything she's going through now is so awful! I'm glad she's fighting back though! I also watched the Paris Hilton one (free on YouTube), which was also very interesting. Paris Hilton is someone I've always been indifferent about. I didn't care about her one way or the other, but when this documentary came out last year I read that she went through some terrible things in her childhood and I was very intrigued. It was so interesting to see, because she basically puts out this persona for every one to see, but the real Paris is so much more complex and interesting. I liked this one too! And the last one I watched was the Lou Pearlman one (also on YouTube), the guy who created the Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, and then scammed the hell out of them! Backstreet Boys are also a group I used to listen to a lot back in the day, and I actually listen to both groups now every once in a while. The things this guy did were just terrible! And he not only conned the boy bands, but also a bunch of other people! And he did some other terrible things, too! This was another great documentary though.


I've also been watching some new people on YouTube. The first is Emily D. Baker. She used to be an attorney but is now a legal commentator and she talks about a lot of stuff that goes on in pop culture, including the Britney Spears case! She is so much fun, but she also makes all this legal stuff understandable. And the next two are scam baiters: Kitboga and Scammer Payback. Scammers are terrible people, and these two give them a hard time... I love it! I fell into a rabbit hole awhile back and these two guys is all I watched! Lol. It's just a lot of fun.

What I've been playing:


About a month ago I started Ring Fit Adventure and it is so much FUN! I am terrible at working out... I hate it, it's awful. But I love this! My goal is to work out 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes, but I enjoy this so much I always end up going past an hour. Lol. So far it's great, but we'll see how well I stick to it. Lol. I've also been playing Power Wash Simulator... it sounds dumb, and it is, but it is also SO satisfying! I don't know what it is about it... But I am enjoying it! I bought the early access, so I'm actually caught up with all the content that is out right now. As for Animal Crossing... haven't touched it in MONTHS. We really need a new update...

Nail art of the week:


I sat down and did some nail art that took me ALL day yesterday. I haven't taken pictures of the finished design just yet, but here is the first step. The nail polish is neon AND holo! I love it! I also love gradients 🥰

Online

Reviews posted this week:



Other posts:

#231: Back to Sci-Fi, Please

Movie Review: Fear Street 1978

Book Haul

Freebies:



Purchased:


I got this beautiful TID set from Illumicrate... I love it so much! Do I have two sets of The Infernal Devices series now? Yes, yes I do. Do I care? Nope! 😆 (I actually have 3 copies of Clockwork Angel because I also have the OG hardcover AND the 10th Anniversary edition... but we weren't talking about that 🙈)


I went to Seattle earlier this Spring... it was my first time traveling in like a million years, and it was so much fun! We did a bit of shopping, and we of course had to stop by a B&N. I was very good and only bought two books on this trip. Lol.


For Review:


Thanks so much to Berkley Books for The Final Girls Support Group, and to Quill Tree Books for All These Bodies! Both are spooky reads 👻 I think I'm ready for Fall 😆


Library Loot:


Lots of books from the library! I have already read most of these... there are still a couple I need to take back to the library 🙈


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment