Saturday, July 3, 2021

2021 Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag


It's that time again for the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag! I did this in 2018, 2019, and in 2020. This was HARD. I wanted to put Capture the Crown in ALL the categories cause I just loved it that much, but my rule is no repeats for this exact reason 😂

1. Best book you've read so far in 2021.


Speaking of Capture the Crown, here it is! Lol. I read an ARC of this book back in February, and even back then I knew it was gonna be one of my favorites of the year. It was just so good! I loved everything about it! Reading it, I was giddy with excitement and just so happy to be in this world. Honestly, I will probably end up re-reading before the year is over. Lol.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2021.


More Jennifer Estep! I love her, you know this about me. Lol. The Elemental Assassin series is one of my favorites of all time, and I was really looking forward to this one for a while! This is the last book in the Circle arc, and it wrapped things up so well! It was great! We won't get more of this series for a little while, but honestly, after everything Gin has gone through, girl could use a break. Lol.

3. New release you haven't read yet but want to.


I just got an email from my library that this book is on its way to me!!! Yay! I am SO excited! I have read all of Riley Sager's other books and have enjoyed them! I am really looking forward to this one!

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of 2021.


In All These Bodies (September 21st 2021), Kendare Blake is diving back into the horror and I could not be more excited! I loved her Anna Dressed in Blood duology, so I am really looking forward to this one! In fact, I have an ARC of the book waiting to be read! Also, I have read all but ONE of Marissa Meyer's books, and I have loved every single one! So I am obviously incredibly excited for Gilded (November 2nd 2021). Lol.

5. Biggest disappointment.


I loved the first book in this series, Being Jamie Baker, but this book... just no. There wasn't a love triangle really, but there was this second guy who would not leave Jamie alone and it drove me nuts! Her, not so much. No, she wanted to be friends with the guy 🙄 Ugh. And then that ending... No. NO! It was frustrating! And it's all such a shame because the first book was just really cute and fun and super enjoyable.

6. Biggest surprise.


I was not the biggest fan of the first book in this series, Karma Girl, what with it's instalove... yuck. Oh, and its main character who I did not like 😬 I went into this one with lowered expectations, and I ended up enjoying it much more than I did the first book! The main character was feisty and fun, and while the romance was still instalove-y, it didn't bug as much as it did in Karma Girl.

7. New favorite author.


Having said what I did about More than Jamie Baker, I really did enjoy the author's writing. Like I said, this book was super cute and fun! I actually already have some of her other books on my tbr that sound like they could be some more cute, fun books.

8. Newest fictional crush.


Quint was very laid back and fun and so, so sweet. And his love for the animals melted my black heart 🖤 I just loved him to pieces!

9. Newest favorite character.


I adored Nova! A "villain" infiltrating the heroes? Yes please! Her internal struggles between her loyalty to the Anarchists and then working with the Renegades was really interesting. And the thing is, the reason why she wants to bring down the Renegades, I totally get it! I'm not saying the way she wants to go about it is right, but I do understand her. She was just a great character.

10. Book that made you cry.


All Cassie Clare books make me cry at one point or another. I don't remember when this book might've made me cry because it took me so long to read it, but I'm sure it did. SO much happened in this. Oh, one part where I got misty-eyed was at the end... but it was happy tears! The ending was amazing! And then the short story at the end with Clary and Jace... the thing Clary did and them reminiscing... I may have shed a tear or two 😌

11. Book that made you happy.


This book made me so incredibly happy! Malec is one of my all time favorite couples! They are just so cute together! Them going to Europe together on vacation was 😍 Unfortunately, they did get interrupted, what with a murderous cult on the loose and demons and whatnot... but those moments they stole to be together were amazing. And okay, yeah, the action was a lot of fun too... even though it interrupted their romantic vacation. Lol.

12. Favorite book to movie adaptation you've seen this year.


So I started working on this post maybe a week or two ago, and back then I was downright struggling to find a movie to put here. I actually don't watch a lot of book-to movie adaptation... unless you count anime 😂 And even them, those are shows. Lol. BUT the first Fear Street movie just came out on Netflix yesterday and you bet I watched it immediately! And you know what, I really enjoyed it! It was a really fun slasher with a lot of Fear Street references that made me incredibly happy! There are going to be three movies total... the next movie comes out next Friday, and the third one the Friday after that! We're getting them all one week apart like a TV show and I could not be more happy! I am so excited to see the rest of them!

13. Favorite post you've done this year.


It's always the stats... you know I love my numbers! Lol.

14. Most beautiful book you bought so far this year.


I got this set of The Infernal Devices from Illumicrate and it is absolutely stunning! Look at those page edges! 😍

15. What books do you need to read by the end of this year?


These two books have been on my mind a lot lately... I need to read them asap!


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

2 comments:

  1. Those The Infernal Devices books are absolutely gorgeous!!! Seems like you've had a great reading year so far!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? They're stunning! I feel like I have too! Especially compared to last year... yikes 😬

      Delete