Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Review: The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles #10) by Cassandra Clare

Title: The Course of True Love [and First Dates]

Series: The Bane Chronicles #10

Author: Cassandra Clare

Genre: YA, urban fantasy

Publication date: March 2014

Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Source: Purchased hardcover

Add it on Goodreads

Buy the short story on: Audible

Buy the collection on: Amazon | Book Depository | Thrift Books

Synopsis: Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood might fall in love—but first they have a first date.

When Magnus Bane, warlock, meets Alec Lightwood, Shadowhunter, sparks fly. And what happens on their first date lights a flame...

My rating: ★★★★★

Out of all the stories in The Bane Chronicles, this is without a doubt my favorite! Magnus and Alec go on their first date, but then everything goes wrong, and it’s somehow still super cute! Lol. I loved it!

This past Tuesday had been a dull day at home with the cat and an inventory list that included horned toads. Then Alec Lightwood, eldest son of the Shadowhunters who ran the New York Institute, had turned up on Magnus’s doorstep, thanked him for saving his life, and asked him out while turning fifteen shades between puce and mauve. In response, Magnus had promptly lost his mind, kissed him, and made a date for Friday.


I honestly could not stop grinning like an idiot. They were so freaking cute! I just can’t 😍 The whole date was awkward from the start, and it was just incredibly adorable! I laughed so hard, especially at the Butt Song 🤣 And then the muggers... 😂 The whole thing was a mess and I loved every second of it!

I obviously adored this one! Alec and Magnus are just my absolute favorite and I loved seeing them on their disastrous first date. Alec was particularly adorable, being all flustered and all. Lol. It was just great!


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a link to your review or comment below! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment