Monday, September 20, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #236: A Little Update...


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I've read so far this month:


I love the Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper series! I love books with ghosts and ghost hunting, and I just really love the characters in this series! This case in particular was super messed up, but I really enjoyed the book! Stine books are very hit and miss... and The Girlfriend was a miss. Lol. The main character was just... ugh. I do love the 90s vibe of these books though. Dead Silence was a sci-fi/horror set in space with a very interesting mystery. I was hoping for something different from it, but I did end up enjoying it. It wasn't terribly scary for me, but I liked being on this abandoned space ship that may or may not have been haunted.


And these two books I just finished this past week. Contagion was another sci-fi/horror, but this one deals with an outbreak and space zombies? Idk. Lol. I felt very disconnected from the characters, but the book gave me what I wanted: space with a splash of horror. Plus the action was pretty good. However, I'm not interested enough in this to continue the series... lord knows I have about a million and a half other series I need to finish. Lol. And A Sense of Danger was great, of course. The audiobook came out last year, but I'm not too big into audiobooks so I've been waiting very impatiently for this book to come out in the other formats. Lol. But I enjoyed it, of course. Lol. It was a very interesting world and the characters have really cool superpowers. And the action was awesome, like awlays!


Currently reading:



Up next:


I'm still very much in the mood for sci-fi/books set in space so Across the Universe is on it's way to me from the library! I actually want something more spooky that is set in space, but I haven't found the right book yet. This one sounds very intriguing though! And then the next two books are ARCs I got a little while ago that I am wanting to read sometime soon. As you can see, I am very ready for Spooky Season. In fact, I've been ready since July 😂


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. I really liked Across the Universe. Hope you do too. I'm just finishing Your Life Has Been Delayed by Michelle I. Mason. It's not sci-fi, but it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm not very far into it, but I am liking the concept!

      Delete