Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: August 2021


It's late, but it's here! πŸ˜… Last month was just not a great month for me—it was very stressful. I was working nights AND there was work being done around the house (our flooring was finally put in!) and I think I just needed a break. During that time, I barely read anything and my nails were naked for like 2 weeks straight 😱 The horror! Lol. In all seriousness though, I feel like not doing those two things really affected me more than I thought it would. I mean, I was stressed AND was probably not getting enough sleep, and then unintentionally taking away the two things I use to de-stress? Yeah, not great.

That being said, I am back on the reading train (I'm currently on my 5th book of the month!), and I've been painting my nails a lot more, which is very therapeutic for me. I've run out of scheduled posts, as you may have noticed, so I really need to work on that. But idk when I'll get around to it. I'm still getting used to not only being back on days, but also working full time. For the longest time, I was only working 4 days a week, and I'm not gonna lie, I miss my 3 day weekends πŸ˜‚

Books read this month:


Two books is all I read. The first was a re-read and the second was a very short retelling. They were both okay, but having read only two books in August, it means I failed my 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge 😭 I missed two weeks but I think I can manage to read  one book a week for the remainder of the year!

Books reviewed this month:


What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles #1) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles #2) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★☆
The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix | ★★★★☆
Goodnight Kiss (Goodnight Kiss #1-2) by R.L. Stine | ★★★★☆


Renegades by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles #3) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles #4) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Archenemies (Renegades #2) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★


Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve #2) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★☆
COVID-128 (The Lunar Chronicles #4.6) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★☆
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles #5) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★☆
Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles #6) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★


His Final Girl (B Mine #1) by Brooklyn Ann | ★★★★☆
The Fall of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles #7) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★☆
What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything [And Who You're Not Officially Dating Anyway] (The Bane Chronicles #8) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Switched (Fear Street #31) by R.L. Stine | ★★★★☆

Other posts:



Learning Japanese


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a stressful month! I've never had to work nights and just thinking about it stresses me out. Whenever we had contractors working on our house, that was automatic stress too and I'm not sure how you got any sleep! I do enjoy your nail art and am glad you can get back to it for it's calming effects. I find when I create through my writing, I'm so much happier, so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a crazy month. I actually slept over at my aunts house during the day during that time, so that was nice. Lol.

      Delete