Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday Post #264: Getting Professional With My Nails


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

It was a quiet week... not much to report on. Just work and reading and catching up on some shows. However, I do need to work on scheduling my March posts cause I still have not done that 😬

What I've been watching:

I finally got caught up on Attack on Titan and OMG everything is crazy! It's good though! And I apparently already finished season 2 of Cells at Work??? Why was it so short? 😭


I also watched all my other shows... WandaVision is 😱 I can't believe the series is already coming to an end! It's been such a fun rid and I'm really looking forward to the conclusion. I am also very excited for Falcon and Winter Soldier! Oh, yesterday I also watched My Cousin Vinny... probably one of the only movies I like that is not horror/superhero-related 😂

Nail art of the week:


And this past week I did some very simple nail art. Last week I actually broke a nail, and this is my nail length after I filed them all down to match. BUT then this week I broke that same nail again...


And I didn't want to file down my nails again because they would be too short. And the only reason I care is because shorter nails = less space for nail art. Lol. So I did a thing I've never done before: I built a nail enhancement (aka a fake nail) 😲


I do nail art with normal nail polish. I've never in my life messed with acrylic, and I don't like gel polish very much either. But the only reason I even had builders gel (the heavy duty gel used to make nail enhancements) is because I use it to put a very thin layer over one nail that is particularly thin. That just gives it a bit more strength. SO, I made a jenky home made nail form out of cardstock and built myself a nail, something I had never done before, or even had any interest in doing. But I thought, "Hey, why not? I've watched enough YouTube to sort of know what I'm doing." 😅


And you know what, it didn't turn out that bad! The nail did not look great when it first came off the form, but I buffed it and filed it until it was a nice shape, then I added one more thin coat of gel because I filed it too much in one part 😅 One part I was worried about was the cuticle area, because there's real talent that goes into building a nail and making sure the enhancement blends in really well into the actual nail and just making sure there isn't a ledge there. But I think I did an okay job. I'm quite proud of myself! Lol. Especially considering I didn't have a good nail form on hand. (Definitely gonna be buying some of those for emergencies like this. Lol.) Or had ever done this before. Or the fact that I'm NOT a professional 😂 I also think it was easy because I wasn't doing a very long nail.

But the real tell whether the nail looks good or not will be when I put polish on it, which I'll do today 😬 The thing I'm not looking forward to is removing the gel after my nail has grown out 😩 It's why I hate gel polish: the removal process. But we'll see how things go this week with this nail and whether I built it right and had it adhere well. (I watch a lot of Nail Career Education just because I like her videos and like seeing the nail art she does. But she does have a lot of helpful stuff when it comes to building nails. I used a couple of her videos as a guide while I was doing this.)

Online

Reviews posted this week:



Other posts:

#212: Capture the Crown

February 2021

Book Haul

For Review:


Thank you so much to Jeff for this one! I've already finished it and enjoyed it immensely!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments: