Saturday, February 27, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: February 2021


It was quite an uneventful month, which is totally fine with me. Lol. Our trip to Mexico for this month was cancelled (good), oh but I am now fully vaccinated against covid! I got my second vaccine early in the month and the side effects were pretty minimal compared to the first one (you can read about my mild symptoms here, if you're interested). I am very, very happy about that. My parents just got their second vaccine yesterday and they seem to be doing okay, side effects-wise. It just makes me feel better to know that they have their vaccines all done. Of course, we are still taking all the precautions regardless, because you just never know.

Work has been going good. I'm currently only working 4 days a week, which I'm not gonna lie, is really nice. Last year was super stressful, so having perpetual 3-day weekends is amazing. Lol. The kid I take care of was sick last week and I was a little worried about that because she has airway issues as it is, but it turned out to just be a cold 😌 She's totally good now. Phew!

This year (so far) I've been reading pretty consistently AND posting pretty consistently... I don't know how long that's going to last, but I'm just gonna go with it 😅 I'm gonna finish reading a book today, then I am going to go write reviews and prep some posts for next month.

In other news, life on my Animal Crossing island is far more interesting. I leveled my island and am slowly building it back up. As soon as I leveled I was like, "Oh no, what have I done! 😱" But it was too late and I really was not vibing with the layout of my last island, so I just had to. It's very overwhelming having such a blank slate, but I'm gonna work on it in sections. Right now I am making a residential area, and I think I have things set out just how I want them. I think 😅 All I have to do is move the houses and decorate the area, but I'm still a bit apprehensive... I don't know why! I think I'm just gonna do it. Lol. So yeah, my island is a mess and by "mess" I mean it's bare and that's somehow more overwhelming than if it wasn't. Lol. Wish me luck on this endeavor. Lol.

This waterfall feature was the first thing I built after I leveled the island.

Books read this month:


This month I read four books and one novella. I finally finished the horror comedy Tales from the Gas Station Vol 3., which I started last month. I also, out of nowhere, read the paranormal romance Hot Mama. I don't read very much PNR anymore, but as you can see, I am still very much in the mood for those Jennifer Estep books, and this is the only series I have left that I'm not caught up on. And speaking of Jennifer Estep, this month she released a Beauty and the Beast retelling! It's a novella so it was a very quick read, but it was a very good read! I loved The Beauty of Being a Beast!


Jennifer also sent me an ARC of Capture the Crown and I devoured it immediately! It's SO GOOD! I actually think I enjoyed it more than the OG series, Crown of Shards. I am very excited about this new series! And lastly, Jeff sent me a copy of his newest Ellie Jordan book, and that is another one I read as soon as I got it! This is one of my favorite series, so I was very happy to see that Midnight Movie was released (it's out today, actually!) I really enjoyed this one too!

Favorite book of the month:

It was another good reading month, quality-wise. I really enjoyed all of the books I read, but if I had to pick just one book that was my favorite, it would have to be...


I just loved this one 🥰 I love Gemma and Leo and I am very excited to see what else this series will bring.

Least favorite book of the month:

That being said, if I had to pick one book I liked the least, it would be...


Now, this book wasn't bad by any means, I think I'm gonna end up giving it 4 stars, BUT the romance in this... it was too much. And it was very instalove-y, which you know I hate. But that's really my only complaint about this book. I really liked the characters and this superhero world is a lot of fun.

Books reviewed this month:


Death in Vision (Bleach #64) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★
Sal and Gabi Break the Universe (Sal and Gabi #1) by Carlos Hernandez | ★★★★★
Color Bleach+ by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★
Lock Every Door by Riley Sager | ★★★★★


Marching Out the Zombies (Bleach #65) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★☆
Dead End (Fear Street #29) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★


Last Strand (Elemental Assassin #19) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Unleashed (Bloody Mary #2) by Hillary Monahan | ★★★★☆

Other posts:




#12: I Already Miss Her


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

8 comments:

  1. I loved Scarlett too!! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to be reading that so many people have gotten vaccinated. None of use has except my in-laws who live in Arizona. My parents are still waiting. Ugh! We'll feel so much better once they've been vaccinated.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is a great relief! I hope you guys can get yours soon!

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your trip being cancelled, but I’m glad you got your vaccine! My mom has hers, but nobody else in my family can get theirs yet. Hopefully soon. Happy March!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there rest of you guys can get it soon! It's a huge relief to finally get it.

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy you are vaccinated and that your parents are too. My parents are fully vaccinated. I'm not eligible yet in my state--April 5th is when I can start finding an appointment. I know the vaccines aren't complete protection, but knowing they lessen symptoms and chances of hospitalization is a comfort I am so looking forward to. On a bookish note, I have to read Sal and Gabi Break the Universe, especially since you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so good to know that at least you have a date to look forward to!

      Sal and Gabi was a lot of fun! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete