Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sunday Post #262: Second Vaccine Done!


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Another uneventful week of work... WAIT! This week it wasn't that uneventful. I guess I forgot about it because this time around it was an even lesser deal than last time. Anyway, I'm talking about getting my second dose of the covid vaccine (I got the Moderna)! I got it Tuesday morning and this time around I didn't have very many side effects. (You can read about my experience with the first dose here! It really wasn't bad at all.)

That Tuesday I went to work like normal and I was completely fine. I heard that the second dose can be harsher, so I was keeping an eye out, but nothing happened really. By the end of that day my arm was a little bit sore, but that's it. That night I had chills and I didn't sleep terribly well, but no fever. I woke up feeling very tired so I called in to work, expecting that I was gonna be feverish within the next couple of hours given the chills at night... but NOPE! I stayed in bed all Wednesday morning watching TV, but by noon I was feeling completely fine. I even felt guilty for not going into work. Lol. The rest of the day I had no more chills and no fever at all, but I did have a sore arm (not as bad as last time though), some body aches, and a headache, but that's it!

As you may recall, for my first vaccine, the nurse massaged the spot right after the shot to distribute the medication or whatever, BUT I got a different nurse this time and she didn't do that! She also saw the bruise I had on my arm (because YES, that bruise from the last time is STILL not completely faded yet) and was extra gentle. Lol. But yeah, no big side effects this time. And no overly sore arm the prevented me from putting on my freaking clothes 😂

What I've been watching:

You guys, WandaVision is blowing my mind! It's SO freaking good! I'm very excited to find out what the heck is going on and if Wanda is really the one behind all this. I'm loving all the cameos from different characters though! I also finally watched a 55 minute recap (it was long but it was helpful!) of Attack on Titan to finally get read to watch season 4! Saturday I watched the first 5 episodes and it's SO GOOD! Today I'm gonna finish watching the rest of the episodes that are out so far (there's 4 I think)... they're subbed but I really can't wait for the dub! It takes too long! Lol.


I'm also gonna start the latest seasons of Cells at Work and Dr. Stone AND I'm also gonna watch the new Cells at Work: Code Black... VERY excited for that one! All of these are also subbed. I don't mind either way. I prefer dubbed maybe a little more just because with sub I need to have my eyes glued to the TV to read the subtitles so I can't really do other things. But I need to watch these asap! I'll re-watch the dub when it comes out later. Lol.


Nail art of the week:


I did some Valentine nails yesterday while watching Attack on Titan... oh and Train to Busan! Re-watched that one too... it's so good! Made me cry... again 😭

Online

Reviews posted this week:



Other posts:

#210: This Fiction Is Too Real


Book Haul

Purchased:


I bought the new Jennifer Estep novella that just came out this week! It's a fairy tale retelling of Beauty and the Beast and it was GOOD! I really enjoyed it! And it's a story that cane be read in under half an hour, so that's a plus. And I finally got Instant Karma! I had a B&N gift card, so I guess I didn't really buy it? Anyway, it's signed and I'm very excited to add it to my collection!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you felt okay after your second dose:) I got the pfizer and felt horrible after my second one for about 12 hours! Fever, chills, achy...but 12 hours later and I felt completely fine! I have been watching Wandavision too and I love it! I have to go back and watch the Marvel movies because I am feeling a tad bit lost but hubby has been trying to explain it all to me as we go..lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good that you didn't have side effects for long! And yes! I highly recommend rewatching the Marvel movies! I started back in the summer and I stopped at Black Panther, so I'm gonna have to go back and pick it up. Last week I did re-watch Winter Soldier, and the two Ant-Man movies just because I was in the mood for those particular movies. But I do want to go back and rewatch them in order starting where I left off.

      Delete