Monday, October 18, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #240: Space and Murders


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I finished reading this past week:



I finished the Space Janitor series! It was so much fun! Who knew murders in space would be a blast? 😆 I loved mysteries and the humor, so I'm really glad there's a sequel series! I'm gonna take a break from it for now cause it's spooky season and I am finally feeling in the mood for mystery/thrillers! Unfortunately, my first book of the season was a bit of a disappointment. While the mystery in All These Bodies was intriguing, the book left much to be desired, especially with the unsatisfying ending 😞


Currently reading:


Honestly contemplating DNFing this one for now 😅 I can feel my mood shifting away from sci-fi and into mystery/thrillers, sooo yeah.


Up next:


Speaking of, I'm hoping this mystery/thriller will be better! It sounds great and I've heard good things about it!


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. I really like mysteries combined with another genre. I really enjoyed Across the Universe and A Good Girl's Guide to Murder. I just started A Witch's Haven, which is a mystery/fantasy. It's good so far. Natalie @ Literary Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will get back to Across the Universe eventually, but I just wasn't feeling it then. And a Good Girl's Guide to Murder was great!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! You're the second person who's mentioned the poor ending of All These Bodies. I love Blake, so I was really looking forward to this book! Guess I've adjusted my expectations now, which might be a good thing.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard similar thoughts from other people as well. Definitely do not go into it with high expectations. But I honestly hope you enjoy it more than I did. The book had a lot of potential!

      Delete