Friday, February 5, 2021

24in48 Readathon


Three hours until this readathon starts and I decided just NOW that I want to participate 😅 But to be fair, I only just saw Steph's (from Cover2CoverBlog) post on this. Lol. I've never done this particular readathon before, so I'm very excited! Basically, the goal is to read 24 hours in 48 hours, and they can be split up however you wish. And this year they're doing a group readathon, which is pretty cool. You can learn out more about the 24in48 Readathon here! This is gonna run from 12:01 AM ET on Saturday, February 6th through 11:59PM ET on Sunday, February 7th. (So 9pm tonight through 9 pm Sunday for me, basically.)


Steph had a plan all nicely laid out with calculations and all that... me, not so much 😂 This is SUPER last minute, plus I'm a mood reader, so plans are a no go. However, here are some books on my TBR that I've been thinking about reading...


Now, I obviously wont read all of these, but these are my options... and this isn't even including ebooks on my TBR! The one book I know for sure that I want to finish reading is Queen of Air and Darkness. I started it last month and I'm still not done with it 😅 It's a big book and I'm only 90 pages in, so that will keep me busy for a little while. According to Bookly, I still have 20 hours left in this book... that's pretty much the entire challenge right there 😂


Finishing this book is one of the reasons why I decided to do this readathon. But also because my Goodreads challenge keeps mocking me...


😭


Update #1:

The first 24 hours are up and this is my progress so far...


I read one hour of Queen of Air and Darkness, and yesterday I started Hot Mama, so today I read 5 hours of that and finished the book. This wasn't my plan... I was going to focus on QoAaD, but hey! I finished a book! Lol.


I really wanted to complete this challenge, but you know what? I'm the first to admit that I probably wont read 24 hours. I should be reading right now for this challenge, but you know what I'm doing instead? I'm watching Ant-Man and the Wasp just because I feel like it 😂 And I'm not gonna push myself to read... it never ends well for me 😬 I may read a little bit more tonight before bed, and then tomorrow I'm gonna read a bit more of QoAaD and I'm probably gonna start something else too cause I can't help myself. Lol.


Final update:

It's is just past 9pm on Sunday night, which means the readathon is officially over! So, how did I do?


Not great friends, not great 🙈 I only read one hour of QoAaD today. You know, I was super busy giving myself a manicure and doing laundry... and avoiding the book because every time the Cohort showed up and spewed their bigotry it made me mad but also want to cry all at the same time 😩 (More of that on my Monday post for whoever is interested). I think if my main goals wasn't to read and finish QoAaD, I probably would've gotten more reading done. But this book is just hitting me in the feels and this readathon made me realize that I'm gonna have to take it easy with this book. I love it and the series, but it talks about some very serious issues that are just getting to me for some reason.

All that being said, I think this readathon is a lot of fun! I look forward to doing it again, but hopefully pick better books for myself... and you know, hopefully not join last minute 😂


Wish me luck! I'm off to go make a progress chart-journal-thing to keep track of my hours! 😁

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't make the progress you were hoping for, but at least you got some extra reading done!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And at least I finished a book... one I wasn't expecting to, but still! 😂 Maybe next time

      Delete