Friday, January 5, 2024

2023 Reading Challenges *Update*


I can tell you already that I did horribly on these challenges 😅 But that seems to be the theme around here every year 😆



The challenge: To read 90 books in 2023.

Progress: 90/90 books (100%) read.

Challenge complete:

I did it! But just barely! 😅 I literally read my 90th book on December 30th 😂



The challenge: To read at least 25 books released in 2023

Progress: 32/25 books (128%) read.

Challenge complete:

In recent years I've started getting pretty good at reading recent releases. It's those backlist books I should watch out for lol.



The challenge: To read 36 books owned before 2023.

Progress: 32/36 books (88%) read.

Challenge complete: ❌

I was SO close! But all those shiny new books 🤩



The challenge: To read 45 backlist books from my TBR pile that were published before 2022.

Progress: 29/45 books (64%) read.

Challenge complete: ❌

I did SO bad on this one 😬 Reading books that were already on my TBR is apparently a hard thing for me to do 😂



The challenge: To read 10 Netgalley/Edelweiss books.

Progress: 7/10 books (70%) read.

Challenge complete: ❌

Another incomplete challenge, but honestly it's not that bad. Lol.



The challenge: To read 5-10 series enders.

Progress: 9/5 books (180%) read.

Challenge complete:

I did better than expected on this one! I would've liked to hit a nice round 10, but 9 is not bad! Especially considering I started 12 series in 2023 👀😂



The challenge: To read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet.

Progress: 21/26 books (80%) read.

Challenge complete: ❌

This one I'm not that surprised. Some of the letters are hard. Lol.



The challenge: To read one book that has an author whose first name, middle, or last name starts with every letter of the alphabet.

Progress: 21/26 books (80%) read.

Challenge complete: ❌

Ditto for this one. Lol.



The challenge: To finish the Soul Screamers and Shifters series.

Progress: 0/2 series (0%) finished.

Challenge complete: ❌

This was a long shot, tbh. My mood just did not cooperate. I did re-read the prequel and the first book in the Soul Screamers series, but that's it.



The challenge: Read a book for each monthly prompt where the prompts play off of the book you chose for the previous prompt.

Progress: 12/12 prompts (100%) complete.

Challenge complete:

I finished this challenge pretty early on in the year, I think it was the beginning of Autumn. Pretty proud of myself. Lol.



The challenge: 31-40 discussion posts written and posted.

Progress: 58/31 posts (187%) written and posted.

Challenge complete:

This one was pretty easy. I do love a discussion post. Lol.



The challenge:  6-10 reading challenges, entered and completed.

Progress: 5/6 challenges (83%) completed.

Challenge complete: ❌

So close!!


So I completed 5/12 of the challenges I entered in... That's not good. That's not good at all 😅 But I had fun anyway. Lol.

Let me know how you did on your reading challenges!

2 comments: