Sunday, January 7, 2024

Sunday Post #383: Back to Reality


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

I was not ready to go back to work this week 😩 I feel like I did everything BUT relax my entire break. I needed more time! 😆 But it actually wasn't bad. Once back at school, I realized that I did miss the kids and their silliness. They were pretty good this week so let's hope the chaos stays at bay for a while 😅

Aside from that, just same old same old. Reading, playing Sims 4... nothing new. Lol. It's supposed to get COLD this coming week and I'm not looking forward to it 😭 The weather has been pretty mild lately and we haven't even gotten much snow. But as long as there's not another Snowmageddon, it should be fine 😅

What I've been listening to:


I started listening to I Prevail in the last year and I really like them! I listened to this album while I was cleaning the house and let me tell you, it's a good cleaning-the-house-album 😆 It's so good! And of course, Unlike Pluto is still putting out his weekly songs, all of which are even more amazing than the last!


"Fragile Skin of Me is about how my skin is very thin, the words people say to me sometimes sticks with me for weeks playing over and over. I pretend sometimes I'm good, but honestly, words can cut just as deep as actions." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

Like I said, I'm still playing The Sims 4, no one is surprised. Lol. This week I actually didn't play much of my Super Sim save file... I actually don't think I played it at all! I don't know why I'm so nervous for their kid to be born. This is my favorite save to play and I guess I don't want to screw up their kid. Lol. I did just get the Parenthood pack when it was on sale, so I went back to my Alien Takeover Challenge where my alien Sim is basically a baby-making factory trying to take over Willow Creek. Lol. It's been fun getting back to this save file though, especially now that I have this pack. It's good preparation for when I go back to my Super Sim save file and finally have to raise the kid of my favorite Sim. Lol. But also, I'm almost done filling Willow Creek with aliens and I am SO excited! I think I only need one more neighborhood! Though the baby-making has decreased lately because two of the alien children freaking DIED out of nowhere and now I'm going to try to bring them back to life with ambrosia. Right now I'm working on growing a Death Flower and getting her Gourmet Cooking skill maxed in order for her to make the ambrosia. It was quite a plot twist, especially considering that one of her children hadn't even been alive for two full Sim weeks 😂 I had literally just moved her out of the house when I see that she's freaking dead 🤦‍♀️ I can't 😂

Online

Posted this week:

#349: Happy New Year!
December 2023

2023 Reading Stats
End of the Year TBR *Update*


Book Haul

Purchased:


I backed Nikki Jefford's Kickstarter project for this book a couple weeks ago, and I just got an early e-copy of Spellcaster! I have not read anything by this author in a while, but I'm so excited to read this!


For Review:


Ah! Finally got the ARC of Only Hard Problems and I was SO excited! I have been stalking my inbox lately because I knew this ARC was going to show up soon, and it finally did this week, and you bet I started it the day I got it! 😆 It was SO good! What a great way to start off the year 😌


Library Loot:


Just got Crooked Kingdom from the library. I'm currently halfway through Six of Crows, so this hold came in at the perfect time!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment