Friday, January 12, 2024

Looking Back at Books I Wish I’d read in 2022 & Anticipated Books of 2023


Today I want to take a look at the books in my Top Books I Wish I’d Read in 2022 list and the Top Anticipated Books of 2023 and see if I actually read any of those books throughout 2021. I always do this because every year I tend to roll over those books from those two lits onto my TBR for the next year. Sometimes my mood cooperates, and sometimes it doesn't. Let's see what it did this year. Lol.



These are the top 10 books I wish I'd read in 2022, and in 2023 I only ended up reading two. It looks like my mood was not cooperating this year. Lol.



These on the other hand, I did really well on! These were the top 10 books I was most anticipating in 2023, and I ended up reading 8 out of the 10! Not bad. (I purposefully didn't read the Rick Riordan books because I'm behind on his book and I want to catch up on the Apollo series before I read these two.)



And these last ones are from a post I did in July 2023 where I listed my top 10 books I was most looking forward to in the last half of 2023. This one I did so-so on.


I really enjoy looking back at books I was hoping to read or books I was anticipating and seeing whether I read them the following year. It's especially interesting because I'm a big-time mood reader. Overall, I ended up reading 16/30 books, which is 53%.  I blame my mood šŸ˜†

4 comments:

  1. I often make a list in December of books I wished I'd read during the past year then I promptly ignore that list in the coming year. Sigh. This is a good way to keep you honest.

    Let's discuss ranking books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. šŸ˜‚ I get that. Some years I do better than others at finishing of the books on these lists lol

      Delete
  2. I actually think you did pretty well on this. I think it's always interesting to go see what books I was looking forward to and if I actually read them or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also find it interesting and how it fluctuates from year to year.

      Delete