Wednesday, January 3, 2024

My Year in Books: 2023


I always look forward to this feature on Goodreads at the end of the year. I love seeing an overview of what my reading year was like.


I completed my goal of 90 books, but just barely 😅 I literally finished my 90th book on the 30th of December 🫠😂


Okay, this is interesting. So even though I technically read 5 more books this year than last, I apparently read 1000 pages LESS than last year. I'm not gonna lie, I did read a ton of short stories and novellas this year when attempting to complete this challenge, so it makes sense 😅


At this point Cassandra Clare is a permanent fixture in that Longest Book category 😂 I don't even know how many years in a row it's been one of her books. Lol.


My average went down about 30 pages, but it's typically always around this number.


The Lightning Thief. Yep, that makes sense. Lol. And A Sprinkle of Krimson I had added to GR like a day before I took this screenshot, so yeah, this makes sense too. Lol. But hopefully more people read it because it was so good!


Another great reading year! Or I'm easily entertained 😂


I'm so happy it's this one! I love Space Janitor and this book's main character was Super Secret Agent Vanti! I love her!


And this year I found a different website that also gives you a year in books: myyearinbooks.com. You just have to submit the link to your Goodreads profile/shelf and it'll gather all the info for you. Let's see what it can tell me about my 2023 reading year...


And then it listed a bunch of Elemental Assassin books. I read a lot of them in 2023 so it was a long list 😅 And I'm not surprised my top author was Jennifer Estep. If you know me, you know that tracks 😂


I never considered myself to be an eclectic reader, but I guess I am! Especially in recent years when I started diving more into genres I didn't usually read.


So that's a little overview of my reading year. I'm excited because tomorrow we're going to dive into this a little more in-depth with my reading stats! Yay!😆 But this was fun!

Let me know what your reading year looked like in 2023 and whether you completed your Goodreads challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I did my year in books in that other site as well - it's a fun addition to the Goodreads one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It made me realize that I am an eclectic reader, which is kinda cool.

      Delete