Wednesday, October 24, 2018

My Favorite Horror/Halloween Movies!



My favorite movie genre is horror! I love it! I pretty much watch them on a daily basis! Mostly. Lol. I tried to do 31 days of Halloween or horror or whatever that's called, but I skipped a couple days. Ooops. Lol. Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my favorite Halloween movies today! I tried to keep it brief, but man there are a lot of movies out there. Lol.


The Classics:

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) Friday the 13th Child's Play Halloween (1978)

I of course have to include some of the classics. The iconic Freddy and Jason... I even love Freddy vs Jason, as ridiculous as it may be! Lol. Child's Play used to scare the absolute shit out of me when I was kid. Killer dolls? No thanks! Now I absolutely love it! Chucky is so sassy! Lol. And of course, what is Spooky Season without watching Halloween, right? 😉


The Recent Releases:

Lights Out (2016) Happy Death Day A Quiet Place

My favorite movie changes from time to time, but my current favorite horror movie is definitely Lights Out! I love it!! It is SO creepy! Happy Death Day is a close second. It's basically Groundhog Day but with a murder mystery... in which the protagonist needs to solve her own murder. Lol. And A Quiet Place, of course, was also great!

Train to Busan Before I Wake (2016)

Train to Busan is a Korean zombie movie and it is AMAZING! Even my dad who doesn't like horror movies liked this one! This movie is amazing and it will make you cry. In fact, I think I need to re-watch this one before the month is over (Last time I check this one was on Netflix, so go check it out!) The little kid in Before I Wake is the cutest thing ever! I love this movie! (I beilieve this one is on Netflix too!)


Other Horror Movies:

The Ring 13 Ghosts aka Thir13een Ghosts (2001) Final Destination (2000)  [REC] (2007)

The Ring... it still freaks me out to this day and I love it! I also ADORE Thirteen Ghosts! It's another of my top favorite horror movies! This one also still freaks me out! And I love the entire Final Destination series! It is the best! I just love how suspenseful it is and how creative the deaths are! And Rec is a Spanish zombie movie and it is awesome! It is very good! I don't actually like found-film type movies, but I love this one, so that should tell you something. Lol. (And all 4 Rec movies are on Hulu so check them out!)


The Horror-Adjacent:

These next five are more on the action side, but they do have some horror elements to them. These are perfect if you're not a big horror fan.

Predator (1987) Tremors (1990) The Mummy (1999)

These 3 are classics! I love them all! Tremors is another of my top favorite movies! I love it!
Honorable mention: Alien!

The Purge Get Out

So, The Purge... my favorite of this series is actually the second one, The Purge: Anarchy! I love it! I highly recommend that one! And Get Out, we all know that one was great 😉


The Horror Comedies:

And here are some other fun ones for those of you who don't like straight horror.

 Tucker and Dale Attack of the Killer Donuts Official Poster (2016) Killer Clowns from Outer Space (1988)

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is AMAZING! I love so much! It is so funny, but it is a bit gory, so beware. Lol. Attack of the Killer Donuts is as ridiculous as it sounds. It's one of those bad movies that's so bad it's good. I love it! And I actually haven't seen Killer Klowns From Outer Space in a while, but I do remember loving it!

Beetlejuice (1988) GREMLINS (1984)

Classic Beetlejuice. Who doesn't love this one? And you could argue that Gremlins is a Christmas movie, and yeah, it is. But who says you can't watch it for Halloween too? I mean, Hallmark is already playing their Christmas movies, so I say it's fine! Lol. I love that furry critter!


The Family Friendly:

AKA mostly old Disney Original movies because I'm a 90s kid and I grew up watching these. Lol.

 Halloweentown UNDERWRAPS Don't Look Under the Bed Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire

Halloweentown... it is the absolute BEST! This is probably my favorite movie from my childhood! I actually have a young cousin who loves creepy things but he's never watched Halloweentown, and you bet I'm gonna show it to him! He'll love it, I just know it! Underwraps and Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire are also awesome! I especially love Underwraps for Halloween! And Don't Look Under the Bed... it's actually pretty creepy for being a kids movie. Damn Disney! Who knew? Lol. But that's why I love it!

Phantom Of The Megaplex Susie Q Hocus Pocus The Addams Family (1991)

Phantom of the Megaplex is another Disney OG movie I love. And Susie Q is actually not that Halloween-y. But there is a ghost in it, so it counts in my book. Lol. This movie... I remember I was obsessed with it! And it probably had to do with the fact that the pink Power Ranger was in it. Lol. Hocus Pocus! If you don't watch this movie every year for Halloween then we can't be friends. I'm kidding. Lol. But it is a classic! And last is The Addams Family, the most beloved, weird family to grace our screens! I love them and their creepy weirdness!


What are some of your favorite Halloween/horror movies?

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lili, I love Thirteen Ghosts too! I have heard of Train to Busan but have not watched it yet...I may have to check it out this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thirteen Ghosts is my favorite!! And yes! You NEED to watch Train to Busan! It's SO good!

      Delete
  2. I've already watched a bunch of these and there are some more here I plan to watch in the next couple of days. Killer Klowns is one of my all time favorites. LOL

    ReplyDelete