Sunday, December 27, 2020

Fear Street Books... Do I Actually Like Them?


When I was writing my Most Disappointing Books of 2020 post, I realized that over half of the books on the list were Fear Street/R.L. Stine books. Subjectively, I love reading these books, but it did make me wonder whether I actually like these books, objectively. So I made graphs! I took a look at each year I read an R.L. Stine book (I included non-Fear Street books such as those in the Point Horror series) and made a graphs to see what rating I gave each year.



These graphs are interesting. I feel like with every year, I read more and more lower rated books. Now, I don't know if it's me just enjoying these books less, or if the books I'm picking up are just not good.


But given this last graph, I think it's safe to say I DO like Fear Street and R.L. Stine! I've liked more than not, but maybe in these last couple years I've picked up the ones that aren't the best. I don't think my enjoyment of these books has lessened over the years... I love the nostalgia and I love the atmosphere of the books even if I don't like the books themselves. They're always a blast to read even if they're full of dumb characters and predictable mysteries 😂


I still have quite a bit of Fear Street/Point Horror Stine books to go through, so I guess we'll see how the trends look going forward. Hopefully more good books than bad!😅

2 comments:

  1. How interesting tnat a post you wrote made you second-guess a series and want to analyze further. I kind of love looking at these sorts of things, especially with charts and graphs.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was a little surprised myself. I just had to look into it objectively with number and graphs, which I love. Lol.

      Delete