Saturday, December 26, 2020

Top 15 Disappointing Books of 2020


Today we are talking about the books I didn't love so much... yay 🙃



I'm always talking about Jennifer Estep around here and how much I love her books, so I was very excited to finally read Karma Girl, but yikes! It was not what I was expecting. When I read a Jennifer Estep book I know to expect lots of action, slow burn romance, and a strong heroine. Not Karma Girl though... quite the opposite actually. This is a paranormal romance so I was expecting there to be more romance than action, but the instalove and the unlikable main character? I was shocked at how little I liked this book.

Dead Time was supposed to be a mystery/thriller with some romance but I got none of those things! The romance was pretty nonexistent and the main mystery of the disappearance of the parents was put on the back burner when it was promised to be the main plot. Oh and the characters were pretty meh.

Her Haunted Heart is a horror romance. I love the idea of a horror romance, and I really enjoyed the first book in this series. But this book, the horror and romance felt much more imbalanced, with the romance being more overpowering. Not into it. Also not into that epilogue... what the heck was that?

Be Not Afraid was pretty mediocre. The story was interesting enough but the main character was very unlikable.


Stalking Jack the Ripper... this series was just not for me. Audrey was annoying, the mysteries were predictable, the thrills nonexistent... Escaping from Houdini introduced a love triangle I absolutely hated! Capturing the Devil... for a good chunk of the book the mystery was put on the backburner and the book started to feel like a historical romance, which I was not into! Very frustrated!

The Fear Street Cheerleaders is one of the best series in the Fear Street series... the Ancient Evil is a really interesting being so I was really excited to learn more about it in these next two books! But it was rather disappointing 😞


I really enjoyed Goodnight Kiss, it was a fun vampire book, but the sequel not so much. The rest of these Fear Street books had a bunch of dumb characters and predictable mysteries.


More unlikable characters and predictable mysteries. Man, I'm just now realizing that more than half of the books on this list are Fear Street/R.L. Stine 😬 I feel like I read more disappointing books this year than normal. Or maybe it was just my mood? Idk. Lol.


Were there any books you read this year that were disappointing? Le me know! (So I can stay away from them 😂)

Happy Holidays! 😊

2 comments: