Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Top 15 Favorite Books of 2020


Today we're taking a look at some of my favorite books of the year. And because I had a hard time picking and I make the rules around here, we're gonna look at 15 instead of 10 😉 15 was the lowest I could bring it down... which isn't bad considering last year I had 20 favorites 😂



Malice was the fourth book I read in 2020 and definitely one of the best! It was sci-fi, had a very intriguing premise, great characters, and the romance was 😍 I am really looking forward to reading more of this author's books! I am also really looking forward to reading more books by Madeline Miller because The Song of Achilles was absolutely incredible! I love Greek mythology, and this retelling of The Iliad was just perfect! Achilles and Patroclus as lovers? Yes please! 😍 Summer of Mariposas was another Greek mythology retelling, this time of The Odyssey. But instead of a straight up retelling, this one weaves in Mexican folklore and Aztec mythology to create a very interesting world and story. It was great!


Riley Sager and J.L. Bryan are two of my favorite authors! Riley Sager's mystery/thrillers are some of my favorite! The plot twists always get me! I also love ghosts and hauntings, and the Ellie Jordan series is one of the best! This year we were blessed with two books in the series, and I could not be more happy 😊


Sal & Gabi Break the Universe was a really fun middle grade novel about parallel universes that was also steeped in Cuban American culture. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it! Goodnight Kiss was a book I was not expecting to like as much as I did just because Fear Street books can be real hit or miss, but it was good! It's about vampires and it was just fun! I also really enjoyed How to Hang a Witch, especially because it was set in Salem and had to do with the witch trials and curses. The love triangle was unfortunate, but it did not impede my enjoyment of the book. Sisters of Salt and Iron is book two in a duology about twin sisters, one who is a ghost and the other who can see ghosts. This book had some unexpected Greek mythology in it and I absolutely loved it! Also, the relationship between the sisters was very complex, but I really enjoyed seeing them navigate it.


Scary Mary is about a girl who can hear ghosts... that's right, hear. I loved the premise and this first book in the series was a lot of fun! The subsequent novels not as much, but this first book I really enjoyed. Lord of Shadows! No one is surprised I have a Shadowhunter book on this list 😂 This is the only Shadowhunter book I read this year, but of course it was great! The ending... yikes! I'm gonna have to read Queen of Air and Darkness soon! I love The Lunar Chronicles, so I really enjoyed Gone Rogue! I am so sad that this series is over though 😭 I love this world and all of its characters. I'm going to miss them 😞 And last but not least, volume 2 of Tales from the Gas Station! I LOVE this world! It is so wacky and weird and just a lot of fun!


Let me know what some of your favorite books were this year!

Happy Holidays! 😊

6 comments:

  1. Have you read Final Girls by Riley Sager? I'm STILL so impressed by that book. Can't wait to pick up another book by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received Lock Every Door under the Christmas Tree!! I was fangirling so hard. I only opened a really small part of my gift and I already guessed the book !

    Have a great 2021 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

      Delete
  3. Malice made my list too---I loved that book! You also just reminded me that I need to read Wires and Nerve. (I even own it.)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wires and Nerve was good! It wrapped things up nicely!

      Delete