Saturday, July 31, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2021


This was an okay reading month. And blogging-wise I think I did pretty good too! All my pre-scheduled posts are out already though, so I need to work on getting more of those done 😅

Books read this month:


R.L. Stine books are very hit or miss, and The Dead Girlfriend was unfortunately a miss. It just wasn't interesting... probably because it was predictable. Lol. Warcross I was excited for, and I actually really loved the world and the game and just the technology in the book. Unfortunately, I did not care for the characters. Survive the Night was another disappointment, which was surprising because I have loved every single other of Riley Sager's books 😩 Baking All Year Round is a great cook book! I love all of Ro's recipes that I have ever tried! She has not failed me yet! Lol. And this isn't the first time I've read this book, but I thought it was time to finally mark it as read because I've just read through it so many times. Lol.



Wildcard, the sequel to Warcross, was another disappointment. We had even less time inside of Warcross, which is what I had enjoyed about the first book, so that sucked. Brooding YA Hero however, was a ton of fun!! It was super meta and just really funny. I enjoyed it! Winter's Web was a re-read. I was just in the mood for more Gin Blanco, and this book showed up on my Twitter feed the other day and I was like, "Actually, yes! I would like to read that again." So I did 😂

Favorite book of the month:


This one and my re-read! But this one was just a lot of fun! I can't believe it took me so long to finally read it!

Least favorite book of the month:


This book was frustrating. The main character was just really dumb and I couldn't be sympathetic toward her because of it. I'm still surprised I liked this as little as I did.

Books reviewed this month:


City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1) by Tera Lynn Childs | ★★★★☆
Blackheath: Resurrection (The Blackheath Witches #2) by Gabriella Lepore | ★★★★☆


I Saw You That Night! (Point Horror) by R.L. Stine | ★★☆☆☆
Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★☆
Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller #3) by R.L. Stine | ★★★★★
Goodnight Kiss 2 (Fear Street Super Chiller #10) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆


Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One by Jack Townsend | ★★★★★
Tales from the Gas Station: Volume Two by Jack Townsend | ★★★★★
Tales from the Gas Station: Volume Three by Jack Townsend | ★★★★★

Other posts:







Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

8 comments:

  1. You did great! Survive The Night is one I'd like to read but I sure hope I like it better than you did. Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do too! I generally like this author's work, but this one just didn't work for me. Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. ooh, glad to hear Brooding YA Hero was good, I've wanted to read that one! Sorry you had so many disappointing reads, but I had a ton this past month too! Oh well. That's why there are so many more books out there for us to read, right? lol Have a great August!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a strange month... I didn't realize I read so many duds until I made this post. But yeah, Brooding YA Hero was great!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on a great reading month! I also need to build up some drafts to schedule for the blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the world and game of Warcross and liked it enough to buy the sequel. But when I tried reading Wildcard, I ended up closing it to save for another time. I remember seeing Brooding Young Hero when it first was published and after reading it was your favorite of July, I will need to try it too. I am going to check out the cookbook you mentioned--I'm always looking for new recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really sad Wildcard wasn't as good as the first book. Brooding YA Hero was fun! I definitely recommend it! And I also recommend anything Ro bakes! Her recipes are amazing!

      Delete