Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2022


Happy almost-June! This month I read 5 books and 1 novella for a total of 2083 pages, which is about 200 pages less than last month 😅

Books read this month:


I read a little bit of everything this month. Lol. I started off with a contemporary romance. Yeah, Flirting with Fate is my second one this year. I'm surprised too 😂 But I liked it! It had a magical twist to it AND POC characters, which is always nice. This one was a little more family-centric than what I'm used to from contemporaries, but I liked that aspect of it.

After that I read Daughter of the Deep, which I also liked. I'm not very familiar with the work this is based on, but I liked the story and the tech. It was pretty fun!

And then out of nowhere I decided I wanted to read a historical with romance and comedy 🤷‍♀️ I don't even know 😂 But I enjoyed My Lady Jane! It was silly and fun!


And then keeping up with the theme of historical... well, kinda. The Strange Case of Finley Jayne and The Girl in the Steel Corset are steampunk, which is a genre I have not read in a while, but I enjoyed it! Although, if I'm honest, I definitely liked the prequel more than the actual book because The Girl in the Steel Corset has a love triangle, and we all know how I feel about that 🤮😂 I did like the characters and technology though! It was pretty cool.

The Rules, on the other hand, I loved! The main character is a human/alien hybrid and she lives by a certain set of rules so that the lab that created her doesn't find her. The story was very interesting and the romance was really cute!

Favorite book of the month:


I really enjoyed this one! I liked the characters and the story... Ari's past was horrible and intriguing all at once. Plus, she has alien DNA in her! How is that not interesting? Lol.

Least favorite book of the month:

None! I enjoyed them all to one degree or another!

Other posts:

April 2022 (I Went on Vacation!)




Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

6 comments:

  1. They all look awesome, great job!! Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read My Lady Jane! I love all those authors. I read the first one in their new Mary series and loved it. I want to read Stacy Kade's books too. Have a great June!
    Lisa Loves Literature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I definitely want to get to the Mary series as well!

      Delete
  3. Nice wrap up. I seen a copy of The Girl in the Steel Corte at my library and been thinking about picking it up.
    Have a great June reading month.

    ReplyDelete