Sunday, May 8, 2022

Sunday Post #297: Vacation Fiasco


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

So I just got back from vacation this past week... we got home very late Tuesday night. I took Wednesday off to recover and then I went straight to work on Thursday. Not gonna lie, it was nice to be back. Apparently everyone was not a fan of my replacement while I was away 😬😂 I have officially been forbidden from taking anymore vacations this school year 😂 The kids even made me some cards, which was super cute! But my favorite was definitely this one:


😂 I love these kids 😭 But speaking of vacation, you can check out some pictures I took in my monthly wrap-up! I had a lot of fun and it was really relaxing. The vacation itself. But travel... oh boy do I have things to tell you about ALL the commutes! It was a mess!

  1. On our way to pick up some family so we could head to the airport, my dad's truck was hit! Luckily we're all okay and you can't even tell it was even hit, but that definitely set us back time-wise. We left town later than we wanted because of that, AND THEN we arrive in Seattle to horrible traffic because apparently the president was in town? That made us even more late. So much so that we almost missed out flight!! We were literally the last ones on the plane! My anxiety was not okay that day!
  2. Insert fun vacation here...
  3. So we took a bus to Acapulco from Mexico City, but on the way back we got a freaking flat tire!! So we stopped for a bit while they changed it... while it was literally 100 degrees outside 🥵 It was horrible!
  4. And then as we made our way back home, my aunt lost her passport at the airport! That was another frantic, anxiety-inducing day! She only realized it was missing as we were boarding and we tried to look for it but the airport is HUGE and we literally had to LEAVE. Ultimately, we didn't find it and she and her husband stayed behind while the rest of us came home. She had to go to the border to Tijuana to figure all that out. Her sister sent her all the paperwork she needed and she and her husband came home the day after us.

It was insane. The amount of bad luck we had traveling... and I already hated travel as is 🙃 But we're all fine, which is the thing that matters. (But also, I'm not planning on taking another vacation for a good long while 😂)

What I've been watching:

Nothing but Criminal Minds 😂 Oh! I did catch up on both 9-1-1 TV shows and The Rookie! But that's pretty much it! I was hoping to watch the new Doctor Strange movie, but my brother had surgery on Friday so I've been keeping an eye on him. Hopefully I'll be able to go sometime during the week!

What I've been playing:


I finally picked up Animal Crossing again and I'm making some progress on my island! I'm also playing the new Kirby game on Switch, which has been really fun as well!

Online

Posted this week:


April 2022 (I Went on Vacation!)

Book Haul

For Review:


While I was on vacation I got See You Yesterday from Netgalley and I read it on the same trip! I really enjoyed it! Which is surprising because I don't read a lot of contemporary romance. Lol. Big thanks to Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers for the ARC! And this weekend I got an ARC from J.L. Bryan for his new series! You guys know I love his Ellie Jordan series, so I am very excited to dive into this new world! Thanks so much Jeff!


Library Loot:


And before I went on my trip, I grabbed a bunch of books from the library! Both physical and ebooks!


And then today I grabbed My Lady Jane. I am surprisingly excited to read that one... I don't really do historical, but this one sounds like a lot of fun!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it back safely! But that sounds like a chaotic time! I'm glad it was overall good though. :)

    ReplyDelete