Saturday, May 7, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2022 (I Went on Vacation!)


April was a pretty chill month. Nothing to exciting to report... up until the end when I finally went on vacation! We were in Mexico City for a couple days and then the rest of the two weeks we spent in Acapulco at the beach. It was SO nice! It had been 3 years since I was last on vacation! I spent most of my time just laying around at the beach, and that was exactly what my mental health needed. I'm not a fan of the humidity, but besides that it was great! I'll leave some photos below you guys can check out!





Books read this month:


As you can see, in April I read 6 books for a total of 2226 pages! That's about 700 pages more than the month before! AND I really enjoyed ALL the books I read! I love The Lunar Chronicles, and Cinder's Adventure was a lot of fun! I especially enjoyed seeing characters from Marissa Meyer's other series in this book! Japanese Demystified I FINALLY finished after having started it, like, what? 2 years ago? 😂 It was helpful though! And in preparation for Cinder's Adventure, I read Gilded, which is a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin that had some German folklore interwoven, and I absolutely loved it! I cannot wait for the sequel!


And I finally read Tear Down the Throne, which yes, was also amazing 😂 I adore Leo and Gemma and I cannot wait to see how this trilogy wraps up next year! It's been a while since I read a MG book, but Wretched Waterpark was a lot of fun! A gothic waterpark? YES PLEASE! It was great! And surprise of all surprises, I read a contemporary 🙀 And I liked it 😱😂 See You Yesterday was really cute and it was very reminiscent of Happy Death Day (or Groundhog Day, if you will), in that the characters are stuck in a time loop. I really enjoyed it and the character development that happened!

Favorite book of the month:


This is touch because I really enjoyed all the books to one extent or another! I have loved all of Marissa Meyer's work, so of course these two. And you all know Jennifer Estep is one of my favorite author's, so duh I loved Tear Down the Throne 😂 And I don't know what it is about Kiersten White's MG books, but I think I like those even more than I do her YA stuff! They are just a ton of fun!

Least favorite book of the month:

Nothing this month!

Posted this month:

March 2022

#19: Future Me's Problem




Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

2 comments:

  1. Acapulco looks like a place for me. :-) What wonderful vacay pics from both places. Beautiful bride, congrats to your cousin! I need to read Gilded. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete