Tuesday, October 3, 2023

2023 Spooky TBR!


Spooky season is here and I am so excited! I read spooky things year-round, but I put together a TBR for the season. You'll notice a big trend in the books I picked... I'm in a very serial killer sort of mood apparently 😅 Lol. I'm obviously not going to read all of these, but I'm a mood reader and I need options. Lol.


Adult:


Three out of the first four books here deal with serial killers 😅 We got a romance between a female serial killer and a male FBI agent, a sister who helps her serial killer sister hide her victims, and an extremely smart female FBI agent hunting a serial killer. And then My Best Friend's Exorcism is as it sounds... about demons and possessions. Lol. If you read my last Sunday Post, then you know I've been on a horror movie kick that features possessions and demons, so this book is perfect for my mood right now!


The audiobook for volume 4 of Tales from the Gas Station should be coming out sometime this month and I am SO excited! This one is a horror comedy and it is a series I absolutely love! It's creepy and it's wacky and it's just so much fun! And then the last two adult books I have are horror sci-fi! I've been loving horror sci-fi lately, and I actually started The Last Astronaut today!


YA:


More serial killer vibes with the first three books (although Confessions of a Dangerous Girl is less serial killer and more assassin/spy... which, yes please!) 😅 I'm right in the middle of Blood of My Blood, and it is insane! However, I'm taking a tiny break from it because my mood has shifted and was wanting something spooky set in space. And then The Lonely Dead is about a girl who sees dead people! I love a good 'I see dead people' story! Loll


Haunting the Deep is a little more witchy and involves the Titanic in some way? And I am SO freaking excited for One of Us is Back! I have been loving this series and am interested to see what this third book brings! The Haunting is a mystery thriller with a Halloween party and just so much yes! Give me all the Halloween! Lol. And then The Vanishing Deep isn't as spooky as the rest of the books, but this author tends to write these sorts of fantasy thrillers, so I'm excited for this one regardless!


Let me know if you've read any of these books or what is on your TBR list for the month! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment