Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2024


I feel like this month dragged and went by too fast at the same time 😅 I got quite a bit of reading done though! Lol. I ended up reading 7 books, which is about 2447 pages. That's only like 47 more pages than last month. Lol.
  • All 7 were part of a series
  • I started 1 series, but finished it as well
  • 5 were finished copies and 2 were ARCs
  • 5 were physical books and 2 ebooks
  • 1 was a 5-star read, 5 were 4-star reads, and 1 3-star
  • 5 were traditionally published and 2 were indie published
  • All 7 were by authors I've previously read
  • 2 were adult books, 4 YA, and 1 middle grade
  • 1 was sci-fi, 2 were high fantasy, 3 horror, and 1 urban fantasy

Books read this month:


I started and ended the month with some Fear Street! I really enjoyed these! But I tend to enjoy this series overall, even when the books aren't that great. 👀 Lol. The end of A New Fear was actually not my favorite, but I liked everything else about it. And House of Whispers I actually liked a lot more! I just love the Fear family lore.

I also finally read the King of Scars duology and I really enjoyed it! I could've done without out "The Monk," I really hated that aspect of the book and thought it was completely unnecessary. But overall I really liked the world, the magic system, and I'm really going to miss these characters 😭

And then we got another book in the Space Janitor universe and I could not be more happy! These books are just a lot of fun and I love all the crazy situations these lovable characters get themselves in!

I also continued on in my re-read of Heroes of Olympus, and I am honestly having the best time. These books are so fun and action-packed!



And we also got a new book in the Ellie Jordan series! I've missed these books so I was very excited for the new book! The case was interesting, it was quite spooky, and I really enjoyed the setting of this one.

Favorite book of the month:


I know this is a re-read, but this has got to be my favorite! It was just so fun!

Least favorite book of the month:


The ending. It was not it. But it wasn't a bad book. I liked everything else about it.

Books reviewed this month:


The Wizard's Mark by Janette Rallison | ★★★★☆
Avalon by Mindee Arnett | ★★★☆☆
From Below by Darcy Coates | ★★★☆☆
Raiders of the Lost Heart by Jo Segura | ★★☆☆☆


The Trophany (Krimson Empire #0.5) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Krimson Run (Krimson Empire #1) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Krimson Spark (Krimson Empire #2) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆


Krimson Surge (Krimson Empire #3) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Sashelle's Quest (Krimson Empire #3.5) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Krimson Flare (Krimson Empire #4) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Sun Spot Remover (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #5) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆


With a Little Luck (Fortuna Beach #2) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
Patient Zero: A Curious History of the World's Worst Diseases by Lydia Kang & Nate Pedersen | ★★★★☆
The Spy and I (My Spy #1) by Tiana Smith | ★★★★☆

Other posts:


March 2024
2024 Quarter Year Crisis Book Tag

Cherry Blossom Book Tag
#31: I Have a Plan...


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

2 comments:

  1. Those are a nice section of books. I been wanting to read Avalon.
    Have a great May reading month.
    My monthly wrap up

    ReplyDelete