Sunday, April 28, 2024

Sunday Post #399: There's Nothing Like Retail Therapy


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

This week at work was stressful. It wasn't anything too serious, just some paperwork that needed to be done and administration didn't do or give me and the patient's family information on. It was literally nothing I could do. But my patient's mom advocated for her kid and she and I did everything we could, but idk. I don't know if that paperwork is going to go through. It's for an upcoming school field trip that is overnight and we just needed to fill out some paperwork... except we didn't know there was paperwork to fill out because no one told us! Even though I had let my supervisor know about this trip since the beginning of the school year!! Like, get it together, people! Anyway, I'm gonna stop stressing because there's nothing I can do about it.

On a more positive note, I did some damage at LitJoy Crate 👀 Is it positive though? My wallet doesn't think so 😆


I got a magnetic bookmark, a keychain, a neon light (!), a journal, a puzzle, and the freaking Mortal Cup!


That Simple Recipes book is in actuality the Book of The White!! Just like in the book, The Lost Book of the White! I love that so much. Lol. This is just a notebook and I have no idea what I'm gonna use it for yet. Lol. I LOVE the magnetic bookmark... it's SO cute! and the keychain was actually free! I don't remember why... I think because I had a certain number of points or something? I'm not sure, but I love it!


And the Mortal Cup... it's SO pretty!! I have another Mortal Cup that I got in a book box from a different store, but I don't love that one 😬 This one is SO well made though! It's actual metal!


Look at it! 😍 I love my Shadowhunters 😌

What I've been listening to:


"This song is about when your feeling lost or down, and wondering if it's you or everyone around you." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

Last week I finished the story for Ring Fit Adventure and this week I finally a hundred percented the main world! One of the last tasks was SO difficult! But I guess that's the point of this game. Lol.


And then I started on the Extra World, and so far, this first one was pretty easy. I'm sure it's gonna get more difficult. Lol.


And I am back on my Sims 4 nonsense 😆 I was missing my Super Sim, which is my favorite save file, so I went back to that. My Super Sim was pregnant again... and she had twins again!! 😭😭


That's it! No more kids for you two! 😆 Twins are difficult, okay? Lol. And these two, one is a vampire and the other is a spellcaster, so that's pretty cool. But it'll also be more difficult probably 😭 BUT I got the Crystal Creations pack and one of the crystals has the ability to slowly raise needs, so guess what I did?


Happy babies forever! 😆 Both of these sims did the Super Parent aspiration so they can do the super efficient infant care, which IS super efficient, but using the crystal is easier. Lol.


And here is a cute moment of dad and daughter having dinner together 😆 He's having a plasma packet (because vampire), and she's having a burger. Lol. I thought this was funny because the dad did this autonomously. Lol.


And another thing that happened autonomously is the flirting between my Super Sim and her DAUGHTER IN LAW!! I left her alone for a moment because I was going to have her do laundry, but she wasn't coming to do the laundry I asked her to so I went and to see what was going on and I saw THAT! ⬆️ I don't know who initiated it but I put a stop to it REAL quick. Lol. We don't need family reunions to be awkward 😂

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★☆
★★★★☆
★★★★☆


Other posts from this week:

#365: Dinosaurs, Demigods, Grisha, and Ghosts!
#31: I Have a Plan...

Book Haul



How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love that puzzle and neon light! So cool! You also are once again making me wish I could play the Sims. Not that I need another time waster, but I think when I used to have it, I could get some stress relief by creating characters with the names of people I was angry at and then locking them in a room and having them cook, lol. Or sending them to swim and then taking away the pool ladder. Hmm, is that wrong? The paperwork thing for that kid is frustrating! And sounds like something that would happen at my school in some situation. I hope that you have a better week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I have never done that, I only started playing last Summer, but it absolutely seems like a very cathartic thing to do! And I'm not gonna lie, I HAVE killed my fair share of Sims in the 10 months I've been playing 😆

      Delete