Friday, January 4, 2019

Favorite New-To-Me Authors of 2018



I read a bunch of great books this year, including some by authors whose work I had never read before, and today I wanted to share some of those books and authors!


Final Girls Holding Court Full Tilt

First up we got a bit of horror in Final Girls by Riley Sager, which was his debut title. This book was amazing with insane plot twists and I just loved it! I cannot wait to read his other books!

Next is Holding Court by K.C. Held. This books was super cute and had a very intriguing murder mystery. Two of my favorite things: humor and a mystery. I am looking forward to reading more from this author!

Full Tilt was my first intro to Neal Shusterman and it was great! I loved the writing and the thriller/horror element to the book. I have a bunch of his other books on my TBR list already and am excited to dive into those as well!

Down Time (I Hunt Killers, #0.1) Evil Librarian

The idea of a teenager's dad being a serial killer is intriguing to me, at that is exactly what Barry Lyga explores in the I Hunt Killers series! Down Time was actually in the POV of the serial killer and it was amazing! Reading this short story made me very excited to start on the actual series!

And last is Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudsen. This book was very funny and I enjoyed being inside the characters head! The mix of humor with the supernatural and a dash of romance was perfect! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more books by this author! (In fact, there is a sequel to the Evil Librarian and I cannot wait to read it!)


What new-to-you authors that you read in 2018 were your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment