Thursday, July 6, 2023

Top 10 Most Anticipated Books of the Last Half of 2023


Today I'm taking a look at some of the books I'm looking forward to that will be released in the last half of 2023. I'm excited!



War of Flesh and Metal (July 27th, 2023) is the last book in a sci-fi trilogy, and its release date has been pushed back quite a bit. I'm hoping it will finally be out this month because I really want to see how it will end!

Have You Seen My Sister? (September 5th 2023) is this sort of mystery thriller set in a ski resort/lodge. I don't know why but books set in a ski resort always sound appealing to me. Lol. Maybe cause I never go to these places because I'm clumsy as hell. Lol. Anyway, I actually have an ARC of this one already, and I'm excited to read it! I read this author's zombie duology that was also set during winter, and I really enjoyed it.

There's No Way I'd Die First (September 5th, 2023) In this horror/thriller, the main character is a horror enthusiast who uses her knowledge of the genre to evade/thwart a potential murderer. I'm very excited about this one, too! I love horror, so I'm interested to see how this character and her horror knowledge will fair against the killer.


Hemlock Island (September 12th 2023) sounds like it's going to be a mystery thriller... I like mystery thrillers, okay? 😆 It has been a long, long time since I last read anything by Kelley Armstrong, but I really want to get back into her books. Starting with this one, I hope!

If I Have To Be Haunted (September 14th, 2023) has ghosts, obviously. Lol. But it also sounds like it has an enemies-to-lovers subplot going on, which I always enjoy. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Omg, out of all these books I'm talking about today, the one I am excited about the most is Spider and Frost (September 26th, 2023)! Ahh!! This is a crossover novella featuring Gin Blanco from Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series AND Gwen Frost from her YA Mythos Academy series!! I don't even know what to do with myself I'm so excited 😆 Lol.

And we're getting another Percy Jackson book with The Chalice of the Gods (September 26th 2023)? Omg, this is going to be a great year. Lol. I actually haven't even read the Apollo series, so I am very behind on Rick Riordan's books, but I'm still excited for another Percy Jackson book 😆 Lol.


Sword Catcher (October 10th 2023) is Cassandra Clare's first adult epic/high fantasy book set in a completely new series!! You guys know I love my Shadowhunters, but I am really excited to read something a little different from her.

Omg is that a contemporary on my list?? It sure is! 😆 I read two of Lynn Painter's YA contemporaries last year and really liked them, so I'm very excited to read Betting on You (November 28th 2023)!

And Make Me A Liar (December 5th, 2023) is another mystery thriller, but with a supernatural twist! I haven't read anything by Melissa Landers since Alienated, but I'm excited to get back into her book as well!


Honorable mention:


And the only reason why Stings and Stones (November 14th 2023) didn't make the official list is because it's a collection of short stories and I have technically read them all already 😆 BUT when I was doing my re-read of Elemental Assassin earlier this year, I wanted to read some of these short stories, so I will probably be reading it when it comes out anyway. Lol.


Let me know what new releases you're looking forward to for the rest of the year! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment