Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday Post #247: Finally Learned All My Katakana!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Night shift is still going. Still struggling a little, but I'm doing much better than when I first started.

Still behind on those reviews... but no one is surprised there 😅 I'll get there eventually. Lol.

So I haven't been doing anymore baking because I literally gained 5 pounds since I started! 😂 But I also blame all the stress and anxiety. Speaking of which, 2020 is just...



These last two days I have been glued to Twitter and I just cannot look away. What has been happening is just... It's very frustrating and it makes me want to cry. Especially with all those awful videos going around. But then I come across a rare video where officers and protesters are getting along and I want to cry for a whole different reason... because THAT is how things are supposed to be.

So, we all agree that 2020 is drunk and needs to go home, right?



👀



Yup, this is a thing that happened 😬

Ending on a lighter note, I finally learned all my Katakana! So in Japanese they have 3 different components in their writing system: hiragana (which I learned early on), katakana (which I finally learned this past week!), and Kanji (which is more complicated and will probably take me YEARS to learn 😅) So I already knew some of the characters but I finally learned ALL of them, and in one day! This little game was very helpful (and fun!):



I can do this entire thing in about 1.5 minutes! I am very proud. Lol.

What I've been watching:

A little while ago my cousin discovered a movie I did not know I needed in my life. You all know how much I love horror, so the fact that Sadako vs Kayako is a movie that exists made me ridiculously happy! For those of you who might not know, this is basically like Freddy vs Jason but with the girl from The Ring and the lady from The Grudge!! Ahhhh! Well, I finally watched it this week, and you know what? It wasn't that bad! I really enjoyed it! It was bananas! Lol.

Sadako vs. Kayako' is the Most Deceptive Title Since 'Jason Takes ...

If you're curious, we found this for free on YouTube, so look it up 😉 It is in Japanese but you can turn on the captions (which are not great sometimes, tbh. Lol.)

What I've been listening to:

I am very behind on my spooky stories, but I'm catching up slowly when I do my house work. This week one of my favorite ones was Under the Moon. It was spooky, had classic monsters, and it was also really sweet. I loved the ending! It's about 20 minutes but it's worth the listen!



Nail art of the week:



I did some bookish nail art this week! You can see my post here!

Online

Posted this week:

#197: I Want Shadowhunters But Not Those Shadowhunters



May 2020

Book Haul

Nothing this week.

idk


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment