Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Monthly Wrap-Up: June 2020



It was another sad reading month, but I am determined to get out of this reading slump next month! I WILL do it! Lol.

Books read this month:

Switched (Fear Street, #31)Final Grade (Fear Street, #30)Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2)

I read two short Fear Street books and I finally finished Lord of Shadows, which was huge! I discovered that big books and I, when I'm in a reading slump, just do not go. I took me about a month to read this book, even though I love all things Shadowhunters and was really enjoying it.

Favorite book of the month:

Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2)

Of course my favorite was this one! It was so good and so heartbreaking! I'm looking forward to seeing how this trilogy ends.

Least favorite book of the month:

None! I really enjoyed all 3 books I read!

Posted this month:

#9: Where Did the Progress Go?





Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

14 comments:

  1. When I'm in a reading slump, I avoid anything big and weighty until I'm back in a groove again. Glad you enjoyed the titles you read this month - I haven't thought about R.L. Stine's books in so long, I don't even remember if I'd read any of them! Here's my list for this month: https://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2020/06/monthly-bookshelf-review-june-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you have the right idea. No more big books for me when I'm in a slump. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Clare sure is a great writer. Reminds me to continue the series... Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! I've been trying to catch up on the Shadowhunter Chronicles for years, but I'm finally getting there 😂

      Hope you have a great month too! 😊

      Delete
  3. My cousin is always trying to get me to read more Cassandra Clare novels! Those books definitely have such a loyal fanbase, and I definitely want to get into them more. I think I've only read three books in the City of Bones series, but then just fell of the bandwagon. But everyone says her other series get so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a lot of people prefer the other two series, The Infernal Devices is very well loved! And while I do love those series, the original will always be my favorite! If you enjoyed those first three books, I highly recommend checking out those other series too!

      Delete
  4. Well, your three books was one better than me, so I'm still jealous. This month has been crazy!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet 😬 Hopefully you'll get some good books read this month!

      Delete
  5. I'm the same as you when I'm in a reading slump, it can be by a favorite author, but big books don't seem to work at those times. I really do need to continue with this new Clare series.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm only just discovering that now. Lol. You do! It's such a great series!

      Delete
  6. I am the same when it comes to reading slumps--I look for shorter, even "lighter" books if I can find one. To keep out of slumps, I mix up my genres and even age groups. I hope July reading has been good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's a good idea Danielle!

      Thanks! 😊

      Delete
  7. I try and change my books so that do not get into a reading slump. But i some how end up in a slow moving reading in May but seem to do better in June. But now at the end of July I seem to have not read much and only one book, It might be my only one that i get read this month. That was on me or the hot weather we are having. Hoping August is better for me. Stop on by my blog https://nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2020/07/monthly-wrap-up-june-2020.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope August is better for you too! I think it's been a tough reading year for all of us.

      Delete