Monday, March 22, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #215: The Universe Hates Me


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I finished reading these last two weeks:


Call Waiting was awful. The main character gaslit the love interest like crazy and she was just so unhinged that it was unenjoyable. Blind Date was better, but not the best R.L. Stine book. And First Date was also bad. The two love interests were no good... even the one that wasn't a murderer 😂 (Also, that cover is creepy AF 😬 Lol)


Oh, Jinx. This one I also did not enjoy. You know I love Jennifer Estep, but reading the Bigtime has been such a bizarre experience for me. I just don't like the romance in this! It is SO instalove-y and I can't stand it! I mean, I like everything else... all the superhero stuff is really cool and I like the banter between the characters, but the romance? No thanks. And the love interest? Not interested 🤷‍♀️ Instant Karma, however, I really loved! It was SO freaking cute and there was no instalove in sight! It's a little surprising I loved it as much as I did because I'm not a big fan of contemporaries. BUT this is Marissa Meyer and I absolutely loved The Lunar Chronicles, so there's that. Lol.


Currently reading:


Nothing at the moment, BUT...


Up next:

I think the universe hates me. So I'm doing Dewey's Board Game, and the reason why I read Instant Karma is because I landed on the Contemporary square. WELL, I just rolled again after finishing that book, and long story short, I landed on the Contemporary square AGAIN! I don't know whether to laugh or cry because just... HOW? 😭 Contemporary is one of my least favorite genres, yet here I am landing on that square TWO times in a row! 😂 Granted, I really enjoyed Instant Karma, but still. This is crazy! Lol.


So, upon looking through my TBR for ANOTHER contemporary book to read, I decided on Dating Makes Perfect by Pintip Dunn! Why? Because I read Malice by the same author last year and I absolutely loved it! It was more of a sci-fi book, but I really loved the romance in that book! I am so sure I am going to enjoy Dating Makes Perfect that I even went and bought the ebook without a second thought. Now wish me luck! Hopefully next time I will land on something other than contemporary, because honestly, I'm out of contemporaries I actually want to read 😂


What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment