Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: March 2021


This was a pretty good reading month. Although the short R.L. Stine books always do seem to help. Lol. This month I read 8 books and 1 short story.

Books read this month:


I finally finished Queen of Air and Darkness! Goddamn this book was long 😅 But I love my urban fantasy and just the Shadowhunters in general 🖤 I also read 3 R.L. Stine mystery/thrillers and they were all... not... that great 😬 Then I read a paranormal romance and... there is a reason I don't really read these anymore 🙈


And surprisingly, I read TWO contemporaries this month! I don't read a lot of contemporary, but I really enjoyed these two! They were super cute! Then I read a short story that takes place in The Lunar Chronicles world and that was fun! And last, another R.L. Stine book that was meh 😅

Favorite books of the month:


My two top favorite books of the month were, of course QoAaD because, like I said, I love all things Shadowhunters! Plus, that ending was EVERYTHING! 😍 And not to mention the short story at the end of the book with Clary and Jace 😍😍😍 And Instant Karma was great! It was such a cute contemporary with just a touch of supernatural. And that romance was also 😍

Least favorite books of the month:


All the Stine books I read this month were pretty mediocre, but my least favorite one was definitely Call Waiting. It was just... UGH. The main character gaslit the hell out of the love interest and we were all supposed to be okay with it? No! And then Jinx... I did not like the main character and OMG the instalove in this book drove me insane! Not thank you, keep your instalove to yourself 😒

Books reviewed this month:


Sorry I Am Strong (Bleach #66) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★☆
How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather | ★★★★★
Black (Bleach #67) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★☆
Midnight Movie (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #14) by J.L. Bryan | ★★★★★


Sisters of Salt and Iron (Sisters of Blood and Spirit #2) by Kady Cross | ★★★★★
The Ordinary Peace (Bleach #68) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★
Hot Mama (Bigtime #2) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★☆


Dreamfall by Amy Plum | ★★★★☆
The Beauty of Being a Beast by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Neverwake (Dreamfall#2) by Amy Plum | ★★★★☆
Against the Judgement (Bleach #69) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★

Other posts:


#13: I Finally Finished QoAaD!

Dewey's Pre-Readathon Challenge: Dewey's Board Game

Literary Nails: Elemental Assassin by Jennifer Estep


How My Reading Has Changed in the Last 10 Years
(And Some Ways It Hasn't)


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

4 comments:

  1. <3 Marissa Meyer <3
    Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa Meyer is great! 🥰

      Happy April to you too! 😊

      Delete
  2. I loved RL Stine when I was a kid. I need to look up his newer stuff. I wonder what I’d think about him as an adult reader. I hope you have a great April.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be interesting! I feel like I love the nostalgia more than anything. Although there are some pretty gooks in his repertoire that will surprise you.

      Delete