Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday Post #288: Back Into Horror and Working Out


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Another week of work, another week of anxiety 🙃 Okay, I'm being a little dramatic... the anxiety wasn't that bad this week, but it still was present, unfortunately. Did I ever mention that I bought a weighted blanket? Because I did and I LOVE it!! It's very comforting! Another thing I found helps is coloring! I color a bit with the kids at school, and this weekend when I was cleaning I found this sugar skull coloring book that I never touched, so I broke out the markers and colored a page. I have a four day weekend this week, and it's been very relaxing so far.


What I've been watching:


I haven't been watching a lot of stuff lately besides YouTube, but I've been in the mood for horror, so this weekend I finally sat down and watched some stuff! The first thing I watched was the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie on Netflix and it was... fine. I liked the kills and the gore... but that's pretty much it. I didn't like the characters... they were DUMB, and the story was interesting enough. Archive 81 though I really enjoyed!! It was very intriguing and I enjoyed every timeline we followed! I also finally watched the Escape Room sequel, and I liked it. What I liked about it is that the rooms are always really creative AND it is tense almost all the way through! Oh and that plot twist and the end... did NOT see it coming! And then last night I started watching Lights Out for the billionth time 😅 I love this movie! I didn't finish though, cause sleep. Yeah, I'm the type of person that can watch a horror movie and then immediately go to sleep 😆

What I've been playing:


I started playing Ring Fit Adventure again because I felt like moving around might help my anxiety, and it has! Plus, it's just a fun game! This is literally the only way I work out. Everything else is a big nope from me 😆

Online

Posted this week:

#254: Nonfiction, Scares, and Space

Book Haul

Freebies:

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


I got a contemporary romance 👀 It sounds cute, okay? Lol. I was going to say, look at me expanding my horizons, but then the second book I got is a mystery thriller 😆


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment