Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: January 2022


Well, January certainly flew by. Lol. Hope you guys had a great month though! Mine was filled with going back to work and dealing with the snowpocalypse shortly after returning back to work. Lol. We literally got 24 inches of snow in under 24 hours... it was insane! This happened the first week of January and there are STILL mountains of snow everywhere around here! It's still pretty cold, so the snow hasn't melted yet, but the days are supposed to be warming up, which I am happy for because I am getting sick of this weather. Lol. Luckily we haven't had more snow since then, and honestly, it can stay away 😆

Books read this month:


So this month I read 5 books, 1 comic book, and 2 novellas! I finally started the sequel series to the Space Janitor, and I of course enjoyed it. I honestly could've used more romance, but it was still a fun read regardless.

I also finished the Aurora Cycle series, and I enjoyed it overall! I actually had the opposite issue with this series than I do with the Space Janitor world... I didn't like most of the relationships in it 🙈 I liked the characters as individuals, but two relationships in particular I was not on board with. But besides that, I enjoyed it! I liked the story and the world and just the banter between the characters!

I also read my first comic book! (Kinda... I read a Deadpool comic about a million years ago lol). Maniac of New York was very reminiscent of Friday the 13th, which I loved, but it was just fun and I'm looking forward to more of this series!

And I'm always happy for more Ellie Jordan! I love this series! And I really enjoyed the case our ghost hunters worked on in this book... they're always so interesting!


I read The Penultimate Hours, which is a collection of short stories about the characters in Cassie Clare's The Last Hours series, and I loved it! I actually read this in preparation for Chain of Gold, but as you can see, I've yet to actually start it 😅 I'll get to it eventually. Lol.

Oooh and Hide was Kiersten White adult debut and it was GOOD! I really enjoyed it! There was a twist I wasn't expecting that featured one of my favorite things to read about, so I loved that. Plus I just really loved the spooky setting! So if you like horror, definitely keep an eye out for this one when it releases in May!

And lastly, Proxy is a prequel novella in the Avalon duology, and this one was actually a re-read for me. I'm planning on FINALLY finishing this series after having started it 8 years ago 😅 Anyway, I enjoyed it! I'm still very much in the mood for sci-fi, so this really hit the spot. (It also helped that I remember next to nothing about this novella lol).

Favorite books of the month:


Of course, Cabinet Jack is a favorite! Like I said, I love this series! And Hide was also good! I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised! It was just really well written!

Least favorite book of the month:


All the books I read this month were either 4- or 5-star reads, so it was a pretty good reading month!

Books reviewed this month:


Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me by Carrie Ann DiRisio | ★★★★★
The Lodge (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #15) by J.L. Bryan | ★★★★★

Other posts:

December 2021






#18: A Good Start to the Year!


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

3 comments:

  1. We were hit with the same snow... and tomorrow we're getting hit with another 20-30 cms. The old stuff hasn't melted yet so we will be buried. YAY.
    Happy February! Spring is just under 7 weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! 😂 Stay safe out there! And warm!

      Delete
  2. Wow, 24 inches of snow in 24 hours is crazy! I thought Brooding YA Hero was such a fun book - glad you loved it too!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete