Friday, March 31, 2023

Monthly Wrap-Up: March 2023


This month I read 6 novels and 1 novella, for a total of 7 books and 2246 pages (that's about 1100 MORE pages than last month!)
  • 2 of the books were re-reads
  • 6 were part of a series and 1 was a standalone
  • 3 were ARCs and 4 were finished copies
  • 4 were 5-star books, 2 were 4-star books, and 1 was a 3-star book
  • All 7 were technically adult, though a couple of them could be labeled as YA
  • 5 were fiction, 1 nonfiction
  • 3 were urban fantasy, 2 horror, 1 sci-fi, and 1 about science

Books read this month:


I finished my re-read of Elemental Assassin 😭 I miss this series already. BUT I did also read Heart Stings, which is a brand new novella that will come out in May and I loved it! It's in Lorelei Parker's POV and it was SO good! It was quippy and cute and action-packed!


I also read my second nonfiction book of the year, What If? 2, and I really enjoyed it! Just like the first book, this one was also really fun and informative.

Then I read two books with haunted houses. I love the Ellie Jordan series, so I really enjoyed Sunset House. Their cases are always really interesting and creepy!

How to Sell a Haunted House though, it wasn't as fun or scary as I was expecting. It was kind of ridiculous, and not necessarily in a good way 😬

And I ended the month with a sci-fi book. Changing the Speed of Light Bulbs was SO GOOD! I love the Space Janitor world, but this book in particular was just a lot of fun! Triana's adventures usually always involve mysteries and dead bodies, and while this one did have a mystery, it was a bit different because we had alternate universes!! I really enjoyed following them on their journey to get back to their own universe.

Favorite books of the month:


Definitely these two! I cannot emphasize enough how happy Heart Stings made me! We haven't had anything new in the Elemental Assassin world in a while, so this was a nice treat. Plus, Tucker and Lorelei? Yes please 😏 And Changing the Speed of Light Bulbs was insanely fun! It's probably my favorite book of the series so far!

Least favorite book of the month:


I didn't dislike it, but it just wasn't what I was expecting.

Books reviewed this month:


The Vacuum of Space (Space Janitor #1) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
The Dust of Kaku (Space Janitor #2) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Glitter in the Stars (Space Janitor #3) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Sweeping S'Ride (Space Janitor #4) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆

 

The Rings of Grissom (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #1) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Planetary Spin Cycle (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #2) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Waxing the Moon of Lewei (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #3) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Changing the Speed of Light Bulbs (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #4) by Julia Huni | ★★★★★


Luna City Limited: The Phoenix and Katie Li by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe | ★★★★★
What If? 2 Additional Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions Randall Munroe | ★★★★☆
Sunset House (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #18) by J.L. Bryan | ★★★★☆

Other posts:


Coffee and Books
Chain of Thorns by Cassandra Clare


The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag
#2: All the ARCs!



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

2 comments:

  1. I like seeing all the horror books. The What If... is really infesting.
    Hope you have a good rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love horror! And What If? was really good! Very fun and informative!

      Delete