Saturday, December 16, 2023

2023 End of Year Survey


I borrowed some of the images below from The Perpetual Page Turner, the creator of this fun survey 😊 I love doing this survey because not only does it include questions relating to books, but also blogging!



Number of Books You Read: 83 (so far)
Number of Re-Reads: 12 (so far lol)
Genre You Read The Most From: Sci-fi (18 books!)

1. Best Book You Read In 2023?


This was easily the best book I read in 2023! It was a crossover between Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series and her Mythos Academy series and it was amazing!

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?


I adored the first two books in this series, but this one? I was not the biggest fan of some of the decisions made in this book.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?


Julia Huni's books have been consistent 4-star reads for me, but this one blew me away at how much I enjoyed it! It was so freaking fun!

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?


That being said, I do love this series and I want everyone to read it 😆

5. Best series you started in 2023? Best Sequel? Best Series Ender of 2023?


All of these were SO good! 

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2023?


It's official: I love Astrid Scholte! Her worlds are so captivating!

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


I don't read a lot of high fantasy, but I really loved Astrid Scholte's books more than I was expecting. This one in particular was amazing!

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


This book was nearly 700 pages long, and every single page was filled with action! I loved it!

9. Book You Read In 2023 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


I'm telling you now, I'm definitely going to be re-reading this next year. I wanted to re-read it as soon as I finished it! 😆

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2023?


I hate Grace, but this is such a gorgeous cover.

11. Most memorable character of 2023?


I love Gin Blanco. She is my favorite heroine ever.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2023?


Madeline Miller just has a way with words.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2023?


This one was a fun book that answered some very interesting questions.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2023 to finally read?


Seriously! I love mystery thrillers and this one was amazing!

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2023?


"We all carry a light inside ourselves. It burns with the flame of our souls. But there are other people in our lives who add their own flames to ours, creating a brighter conflagration."

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2023?


It's always a Cassie Clare book, those long ones 😆

17. Book That Shocked You The Most?


This book had a lot of shocking twists... most of which I wasn't the biggest fan of 😬

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)


James and Cordelia in this book were SO cute! 😍

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year?


Kel and Conor! I really liked that even though Kel is Prince Conor's Sword Catcher and is meant to die for Conor if it comes to it, the prince cares deeply about Kel. He's not as arrogant as one would think. Lol.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2023 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?


I know I can't shut up about this one, but it was just amazing! It was even better than I was expecting!

21. Best Book You Read In 2023 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.


A booktuber kept recommending this one, and the plot intrigued me enough that I read it, and I ended up really enjoying it!

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2023?


Charlie 😍

23. Best 2023 debut you read?


This is the only 2023 debut I read this year, and it was fine 🤷‍♀️

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?


I love the worldbuilding in these books! It's so interesting, but without being overwhelming, like some other high fantasy books.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?


I love the Space Janitor world and the characters, but this book in particular, with its alternate dimensions, was a lot of fun!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2023?


No books made me cry this year, but this one came close.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


More Space Janitor! But this one is a spinoff featuring Super Secret Spy Vanti! I love her!

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


The ending of this one was BRUTAL.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2023?


I love the mix of futuristic sci-fi with som magical fantasy elements.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


The sexism in this book pissed me off, so I didn't finish it 🙃



1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2023?


2. Favorite post you wrote in 2023?


I've been enjoying reflecting at the end of the year and seeing what sort of bookish things I learned about myself throughout the year.

3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2023?


4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?


5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2023?


6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

So this year has been one of my more successful years in regards to writing and posting reviews... up until around September when I started to feel in a alumpy mood and my review-writing suffered. I always have a hard time sitting down and writing reviews. I don't know why. I mean, I like doing it, but it's tough.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog?


A giveaway post... that's fair. Lol.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?


9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?


10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Last I checked, so far, I have completed the New Release Challenge, Series Enders, Read Your Bookshelf, and the Discussion Challenge. That's only 4/11 😅



1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2023 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2024?


The waitlist for this one at my library is LOOOONG. Which is understandable. I'll get to it when I get to it, I guess. Lol.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2024 (non-debut)?


I LOVED Dead Silence from last year, so I am very excited for another spooky sci-fi!

3. 2024 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?


No debuts have caught my attention yet 👀

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2024?


I am SO excited for Only Hard Problems, which is in Zane's POV. And Shadows of Truth is the sequel to League of Liars. I'm excited to see how this duology is going to wrap up!

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2024?

Keep on top of those reviews. Always. I did really well most of this year!

6. A 2024 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):


This is the only 2024 release I have read so far, and I enjoyed it! It's a graphic novel and I definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in learning about Norsse mythology! His graphic novels are always so well done!


Let me know what some of your favorite books of 2023 were and/or what books you're most looking forward to in 2024!

4 comments:

  1. Yess finally someone agrees with me on the As Good As Dead issue. I just didn't like where the story went, it seemed like Pippa's character took a turn for the worse 😅 ooh None Shall Sleep was amazing but I still haven't read Some Shall Break. I kinda forgot about it 😂 Four Dead Queens was so good, I especially loved that it was a standalone which is a rarity among fantasy novels 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I'm so glad I'm finding people who agree with me on As Good As Dead! It I feel like those decisions she made were very out of character for her!

      Some Shall Break was SO good! I actually liked it even more than the first book! Definitely give it a try when you have a chance!

      I loved Four Dead Queens! I am officially obsessed with Astrid Scholte! And yes, I also love that it was a standalone. She has another Standalone called The Vanishing Deep that I'm in the middle of right now, and it's good so far! Very intriguing!

      Delete
  2. WOW look at all those questions. I enjoyed reading your answers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete