Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Bookish Discussion: My Favorite Horror Books



In honor of Spooky Season, I have gathered a list of some of my favorite horror books I have read over the years! They're mostly YA, obviously, since that's pretty much all I read. Lol.

charmed GIF


Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) The Dead and Buried MARY: The Summoning (Bloody Mary, #1) The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1)

Anna Dressed in Blood was so amazing and so creepy! It's "just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story..." and I loved it! The Dead and Buried is basically about a haunted house, but it was so good! The delivery of this popular storyline was done so well! MARY: The Summoning is, if it's not obvious, about Bloody Mary! It was really creepy, too! And the last one, The Girl from the Well, is about a murderous ghost who kills child murderers, so that's awesome! If you have seen the movie The Ring, that movie and this book are based on the same legend!

the ring gif

God, this movie still freaks me the fuck out!! But I love it! Lol.

Sisters of Blood and Spirit (The Sisters of Blood and Spirit #1) Final Girls Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1)

Sisters of Blood and Spirit is about a girl whose twin died in the womb, but she is still able to communicate with her. It was very creepy and very unique and I really enjoyed it! In horror movies, the last girl standing that goes up against the bad guy is called a final girl. Final Girls is about, well, final girls facing danger once more! It was very good and very twisty! And the entire Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper is SO good! I love it! Ellie Jordan is a ghost hunter, but not only that, she captures and removes the ghosts wherever she can. She faces some real nasty things in her line of work, too. 👻

Silent Night (Silent Night, #1-3) The Fear Street Saga Collection  (The Fear Street Saga Trilogy, #1-3: The Fear Street Saga, #1-3)

And what is a post talking about horror without me mentioning Fear Street, right? Lol. I have read a lot of Fear Street books, and these are some of my favorites! To start off are two trilogies. The first one is Silent Night and it is AMAZING! The story follows a very bitchy character named Reva who gets exactly what she deserves for being such an awful person. And of course, all this takes place during the holidays. Next is The Fear Street Saga which tells the story of the Fear family and all the awful things they did/were done to them that earned Fear Street the reputation it has now. The saga spans over 100 years and it is filled with evil. It was so good!

Haunted (Fear Street, #7) Sunburn (Fear Street, #19) Truth or Dare (Fear Street, #28) Trapped (Fear Street, #51)

Next up are a couple of singles. Haunted had this insane plot twist I absolutely loved! Basically a ghost is stalking our main character claiming that she killed him. But here's the problem: she's never killed anyone! Dun, dun, DUN! In Sunburn, it's supposed to be a summer fun, but things take a deadly turn when "accidents" start happening to our main character and her friends. Someone might be trying to get rid of them 😲 This one also had some really good twists, plus I enjoyed the mystery. In Truth or Dare kids, again, or off on vacation, this time skiing! They start playing a harmless game of truth or dare, but it turns out it wasn't so harmless after all when one of the questions sets off one of the kids on a murderous path. This one also had an insane twist I did not see coming! It was so good! And I loved the wintery setting! And last is Trapped. A bunch of kids find some secret tunnels under the school and they decide to ditch detention and go exploring them. It's too bad there's something vicious down there picking them off one by one. I absolutely loved this one too! I loved the creepy atmosphere of the tunnels!


And that's it for now! It was very hard to narrow things down to just these books. I read a lot! Lol.

If you read horror, what are some of your favorite horror books?

4 comments:

  1. I've read and enjoyed a bunch of these too. And I knew some of Stein's books would find their way on your list:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😅 Oh you know me and Fear Street... Lol.

      Delete
  2. I love R.L. Stine. I haven't read any of the other books, but they all sound fantastic. I will have to check them out at some point. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete