Monday, September 23, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #169: More Disappointment



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I finished reading this past week:

Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1) The Shadowhunter's Codex

I really enjoyed Open Minds! It was such a cool world to be able to explore! I'm looking forward to reading more of this series! I also FINALLY finished The Shadowhunters Codex which I hadn't touched in months. I really enjoyed it! It was very informative and very fun with all the little notes that Clary, Jace, and Simon left throughout the book.


Currently reading:

Stalking Jack the Ripper

I'm about 100 pages in on this one and... I'm not feeling it. I had such high hopes for this one, but now reading it, it's not holding up... so far, anyway. This type of book is right up my alley, but there hasn't been any action yet and the characters are kinda blah. I like Audrey Rose well enough—she's very feisty and her own independent woman. But the love interest Thomas... umm, no. I feel like he's supposed to come off like Jace and Will Herondale, arrogant and charismatic and lovable, but he's just arrogant. There's nothing charismatic about him—in fact, he's quite emotionless. He just left much to be desired, and I think that's what pushed me to pick up The Shadowhunters Codex again. I'm gonna set Stalking Jack the Ripper aside for a little bit, but I will come back to it and hopefully the last 2/3 will be better for me.


Up next:

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) What Holly Heard (Fear Street, #34)

I think I'm gonna be starting CoFA... maybe. I tried to read it earlier in the year, but then I fell into a reading slump and I didn't get farther than like 50 pages. Which was not the fault of the book! The only reason why I'm hesitant to start it is because in those 50 pages Jace was acting weird and it makes me nervous! I adore Jace! I don't know what's going on with him... but I'm nervous! Anyway, I'm also feeling like a little Fear Street since I haven't read any in quite some time. We'll see how things go.


What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment