Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday Post #214: Getting Ready For Spooky Season!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Just work, work, work. I'm still getting used to my new Mon-Fri work schedule. But I'm just happy to have all my weekends back. Lol.

A couple days ago I bought a bunch of scrubs. Hopefully I'll remember to show them to you guys when they arrive because I got some really cute Halloween ones!

I also started on Unit 4 of 12 my Learning Japanese expedition! Lol. By the end of unit 3 I started to understand the differences between week, month, year, etc. and how the number related to them. Now I'm realizing that I'm having a hard time keeping my what's, who's, where's, and why's straight. I'm gonna have to study up on those! Lol.

What I've been watching:

I haven't really been in the mood to watch anything. But I did manage to squeeze in some Fullmetal Alchemist and Scream yesterday, which was really fun!

SCREAM Movie Poster Horror

What I've been listening to:

I'm trying to catch up on my MrCreepyPasta stories (and getting in the mood for Spooky Season 😉), and here are some of my favorite ones that I've listened to recently:

My Wife Left Four Incognito Tabs Open (This one is 14 minutes long)
I Talk To Houses (This one is about 12 minutes long)
My Shadow Walks Free in the Dark (This one is 37 minutes long, but worth the listen!)
I Found a Copy of ET the Extra-Terrestrial for Atari (This one is 8 minutes long and more on the fun side)

And, of course, my absolute favorite, another tale from Gas Station Jack!



There's a talking crow and it's insane and I love it! Lol.

Online

Reviews posted this week:

Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17) Winter's Web (Elemental Assassin, #17.5)


Other Posts:

#169: More Disappointment

 autumn  fall

#32: Murder Mysteries and... Contemporaries?!

Book Haul

For Review:



I got this beauty from Jennifer Estep and I am SO excited to read it! I love all of her books, and I appreciate it so much she sent me this ARC! She is so sweet! She also sent me a bunch of bookmarks I'll probably be giving away here soon 😉


Library Loot:



I also got book 3 in the Paper Gods series. I need to read book 2 first, and I will as soon as it arrives from the library 😅


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get used to your new schedule. And, yes, you'll have to show us pics of those scrubs!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya about all work. Seems like that's all I do. My son was telling me about Gas Station Jack. I plan to check it out in the next couple of days. Tis the season for that stuff! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! Gas Station Jack is my absolute favorite!!! He is so funny! I love him! Definitely check it out!

      Delete