Friday, July 5, 2024

Top 10 Favorite Books of 2024 (So Far)


Since we are just past the halfway point of the year, it is the perfect time to talk about my favorite books of 2024 (so far)!


  

The first book I finished reading this year was Only Hard Problems. If you know me and my obsession with Jennifer Estep's books, then it does not come as a surprise that this book was a quick favorite 😆 I love the blend of sci-fi and fantasy, plus the slow-burn romance was 😍 And on top of all that, this was in the POV of Zane, who I love but whose motive I've been very curious about, so this book provided the perfect insight into all that.

I don't read a lot of contemporary romance, but ever since I read The Lunar Chronicles, I will literally read anything that Marissa Meyer writes. Lol. I LOVED Instant Karma, so I was very excited when I found out that Pru's brother was getting his own book! And it was SO good! It was cute and wholesome and it made my black little heart very happy 🥲

We are over twenty books into the Ellie Jordan series, and I still love it! It's spooky and fun and all the cases that Ellie and Stacey investigate are always very interesting. It's one of my favorite series 🖤

   

One genre I really dove into this year is high fantasy, which is a genre I also don't read a lot of. But I started with Six of Crows and I am SO glad I did because I loved it! I read the entirety of the Grishaverse, but these two were my favorite series of the three. It was just a very interesting world with an intriguing magic system and a variety of complex, lovable characters.

  

And this year I FINALLY started the Apollo series after being behind in the Percy Jackson world for so long! I re-read The Heroes of Olympus and that's what inspired me to finally start the series, and I am so glad I did because I was just very happy to be back in this world. It's just really fun and I adore Greek mythology! Rick Riordan just makes learning fun, and I love that.

And this year I finally got back into manga! I'm so excited! However, I started reading it because I've been in this sort of reading slump and all my brain can take at the moment is quick, easy reads with illustrations. And honestly? I'll take it. I've been meaning to read more manga for years now, so this is perfect. And this year I started with Cells at Work!, which I loved! I watched the anime a little while ago and I fell in love with it! Ever since then, I've been meaning to read the manga. I'm just glad to be back in this world because it is so fun, action-packed, and informative. The way I am so attached to these little cells is unreal 😂 I love it!


Let me know what some of your favorite books have been so far this year! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment