Sunday, July 28, 2024

Sunday Post #412: Nothing But Simming


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

It's been so nice not having to go work at school 😌 I'm still working, just not at school. Lol. It is much calmer because it's pretty much just my patient and me all day.

But aside from that, I haven't been doing much... I've been playing A LOT of The Sims 4 (to the surprise of no one 😆) because not only was there a huge base game update, but there was also a new expansion pack released, so I've been just exploring all of that.

What I've been watching:

I think I watched a couple of episodes of Supernatural, but that's it. I typically just put on YouTube in the background. Lately, I've been watching a lot of Sims 4 gameplay because a lot of creators had early access to the new pack, so I've been enjoying getting a glimpse of that. 

What I've been playing:

Last week I was asked about the challenges I play and whether they are in the game. They are not. Lol. There are some mini-challenges in game called scenarios...


But I have not played any of those yet. I want to, I've just been busy with my own challenges. Lol. The challenges I play I've found around the internet and they're created by Simmers. I've done the Black Widow Challenge and the Every Lot Trait Challenge. The challenges I have going on now are the Super Sim Challenge, the Alien Takeover Challenge, a mash-up of the Every Occult Challenge and the Mystical Motherhood Challenge, and last week I started the Legacy Pack Challenge

Speaking of the legacy challenge, my sims had a baby shower and then they had their baby! I feel like this one is moving way too fast so I haven't played it much. Lol. Having aging on is nerve-wracking 😅 Anyway, here they are being super cute in the second screenshot just painting and playing music. Lol.

 

As for the updates, they are SO good! I was very excited for the new dating app in the new Lovestruck DLC! One thing I like about it is that sims from the gallery created by other simmers show up in the app! Madonna is a funny one that popped up for me... I regret not asking her on a date 🤣 The other update I was extremely excited about was in Create a Sim they added an apply to all outfits feature!! This is a lifesaver! All the makeup my alien sim is wearing (she's from my Every Occult/Mystical Motherhood challenge), she wears across all outfits, but now I don't have to go searching for them every single time! I can just hit that button and it applies automatically 😭

 

Switching over to my Super Sim save file, I tried out the new dating features with my Super Sim's son. Like I mentioned last week, I ended up placing Ava (the main sim in my legacy challenge) in this save file as well because I wanted her to date Nash in this timeline too 😆 And it went very well! Another feature I am a huge fan of is that the sims you are not playing with can make really big decisions, and a popup will show up for you, so I was very excited when she asked Nash to be partners!

 

And one feature from the new DLC that makes me laugh and cringe all at the same time is that they can put on... costumes. And if you want to WooHoo while in said costumes, they have a special option relating back to the costume they are wearing. Below you'll see that Nash was wearing the fireman costume...

 

I can't omg 🤣 I also like that they're making the relationships a lot more complex by giving them dynamics. It's so cute that they got the Wholesome dynamic 🥹 And switching over to my main household in that same save file...


Here is my Super Sim with two of her children, all doing homework together outside. I thought this was very cute! This household, however, is making me nervous. Lately, I've noticed that my sims keep freezing but time will still go on. I think that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing this save for a while. And it's something with THIS household only because her son Nash, whom I mentioned previously, lives elsewhere, and when I was playing with his household as he went on his date, this bug didn't happen!! 😭 There are a couple things I'm gonna try to fix this. This was my favorite save file so I don't want it to be buggy like this 😢


Yesterday I was doing some building and I put in some cheats to open up debug because I needed some stepping stones, and when I was scrolling for the items I came across this ⬆️ and I laughed so hard! 😂 There is a lot of things wrong with this game, but the writing isn't one of them. Lol. (In other news, I've also been contemplating getting a new game 👀 I was watching someone play Dead by Deadlight and I kinda want to give it a try. I love horror but I have never played a horror game before. This one looks good though!)

Nail art of the week:


Just some neon pink with a bunch of toppers. Lol.

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★☆☆


Other posts from this week:

#377: I Tried...
#32: It's Been Rough


Book Haul



How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to play Sims even though I know what a time suck it would be for me! lol At least I get to enjoy your adventures!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it definitely is! 😂 Haha thanks!

      Delete