Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Monthly Wrap-Up: June 2024


I had my best reading month in May, but in June I had my worst one 😫 While I technically read 6 books, it was only a total of 1053 pages, which is literally 2000 pages LESS than the previous month 😭 I thought I was going to escape the year without having a reading slump, but no such luck 😢
  • 2 were novels, 2 graphic novels, and 2 manga
  • 4 were part of a series, 2 were standalone
  • I started 2 series this month and finished zero 🫠
  • All 6 were finished copies, no ARCs this month (though technically I did start 1 but haven't finished it because slump 🙃)
  • 4 were physical books and 2 ebooks
  • 4 were 5-star books, 1 was a 4-star book, and 1 was a 3-star book
  • 5 were traditionally published, and 1 was indie published
  • 3 were by authors I've previously read, and 3 were by new-to-me authors
  • 2 were adult books, 2 YA, and 1 middle grade book
  • 4 were fiction books, and 2 were nonfiction
  • 1 was horror, 1 urban fantasy, 2 medical science, and 2 books about books (yes, that's a genre lol)

Books read this month:

 

I was very excited to read Sea Sick because it's a zombie apocalypse book but with a time loop twist to it... it sounded amazing! But I didn't end up loving this as much as I was hoping. I feel like the zombies and the time loop-ness of it all got lost somewhere in the middle. It started off great though!

And then I got into this sort of reading slump, but because I didn't want to fail my 52 books in 52 weeks challenge, I ended up reading two books about books. They were really short, graphic novel-type books and they were so much fun! Very relatable. Lol.



And then, on a whim, I grabbed some manga from the library and read those. It's been a minute since I read a manga, but I loved the Cells at Work! anime so I knew I was going to enjoy these. It is just a very fun, creative concept, and they were perfect reads for my slumpy mood.

And the last book I read was a Percy Jackson book that had three short stories. These were also very fun reads. You can't go run with a Percy Jackson book. Lol.

Favorite book of the month:

Idk that's tough... I really enjoyed all of the books...

Least favorite book of the month:


Though this is the one I gave 3 stars to. It wasn't bad, but the plot getting lost somewhere in the middle was a bit disappointing.

Books reviewed this month:


The Lightning Thief: Illustrated Edition (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan | ★★★★☆
Blood Boy (I Hunt Killers #0.5) by Barry Lyga | ★★★★☆
Game (I Hunt Killers #2) by Barry Lyga | ★★★★★
Blood of My Blood (I Hunt Killers #3) by Barry Lyga | ★★★★☆


Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1) by Sarra Cannon | ★★☆☆☆
Miracle Mountain (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #20) by J.L. Bryan | ★★★★☆
The Night Shift by Alex Finlay | ★★★★★
Flying by Carrie Jones | ★★★☆☆

Other posts:





Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

1 comment:

  1. It's always hard for me to pick a favorite! I'm going to pick either A Novel Love Story or So This is War for my favorites from last month.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete