Sunday, July 21, 2024

Sunday Post #411: Finally!


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Summer school is over! Finally! 😭 It actually wasn't bad, but I just need a break from that type of environment. I'm still gonna be working, just in my patient's home, and I honestly prefer that over school these days because it's much more calm. Unfortunately, school starts back up in like a month, which is way too soon! 😭

What I've been watching:

I watched some Supernatural, but aside from that, I just typically put on some YouTube in the background.

What I've been listening to:

On my commute to and from work, I have been listening to nothing but Unlike Pluto, which is shocking to no one. Lol. I have been listening to his two new albums so much that I think I can pick out a couple of my favorite songs now. Though it was had to pick because all of the songs are SO good!! From Ghost Gardens some of my top favorite songs are Clouded and Flutter, but if I had to pick my top favorite song it would be this one:


Pluto Tapes Vol. 4 has a different vibe than Ghost Gardens, it's a lot more mellow, but it's still good! My favorite song from that album is definitely Who's the Dreamer. This song is constantly stuck in my head! Lol.


And I got the new Ghost Gardens merch!! It's giving Summerween vibes and I am totally here for it!

 

Look at the tiny little ghostie, he's so cute! 🥹

What I've been playing:

We finally got the servo for my Mystical Motherhood/Every Occult challenge!! This took SO long! The Discover University pack is still very new to me, so I didn't realize how much time it took to actually get a Servo. For the Mystical Motherhood portion of this challenge, you're supposed to have children with every occult, but I don't think you can do that a Servo soooo I'm just gonna let it be. Also, my alien sim who is still a child at this point, and my Spellcaster sim were interacting, and the Spellcaster discovered that the kid was an alien and I just- what?! 😂 They are siblings!! How are you only just discovering she's an alien? 😂 That means that none of her other siblings know that she's an alien, I guess. Lol. (In the screenshot below, she is pregnant with the last main occult, the mermaid. He is still a newborn, but next time I play I'm going to be aging him up to an infant.)

 

And I started yet another challenge! I've been preparing for this one for a long time, so I was very excited to finally start the Legacy Packs challenge. There are a lot of legacy challenges out there, but this one caught my eye because, for this one, each generation focuses on each pack, and that sort of helps you make the most of every single pack you purchased, so I really liked that! The first two generations are base game, one is focused in Willow Creek and the second generation is focused on the other base game world, Oasis Springs. After that, we move on to the DLCs.

Anyway, I made my founder sim, Ava Solace, a while ago, and going into this I actually didn't know who her love interest was going to be. But a couple days ago I was looking through my saves when it hit me: my Super Sim's son!! The crossover I didn't know I needed 😌 Lol. This legacy challenge, however, is not in the same save file as where I do all my Super Sim stuff. I uploaded him to my gallery and then I just placed him in my new save file. It's unfortunate because it would've been nice to have it all in the same save, but I'm actually planning on having aging on in this legacy challenge. I don't usually play with aging on because I don't want my Sims to die. Lol. I haven't played much of this legacy challenge yet, but I'm already regretting turning on aging. Lol. (I've been thinking about it and I think I'm going to add Ava to my Super Sim save file just because I love her and Nash together so much! I'm going to pretend that they're soulmates across the multiverse 😍🤣🤣)

 

The story is going great though! It is literally just telling itself. I had moved him into the same neighborhood as Ava, and when the Welcome Wagon showed up, he was part of it! It was perfect! The day after he asked if he could stay over, which was weird because they are literally neighbors but I was like, "Why not?" Maybe he's having some plumbing issues with his house or something. So he stayed over for a couple days and I worked on their friendship. There was a little bit of romance, but it didn't really start till after he left. One day when he came to visit, it was storming outside and he got hit by lightning which was scary! I ended up inviting him to stay the night because I didn't want to risk him leaving and getting hit by lightning again and dying. That same night a pop-up with him saying that he wanted to move in showed up and I was like, "Yeah, sure. Why not." We need to get this relationship going, anyway. Lol.


Their, idk, courtship? and then them officially dating was actually pretty long for the Sims. But to make up for it, he proposed and then got married the same day 😂 She is now pregnant, they moved into their new home, and they're both working on their careers (for the challenge, she is a painter and is doing the painter career and aspiration), so things are going good. I've only played this save one day, but I am already in love with them! It's been so much fun! (I am also starting to set up for another challenge... the Sim is ready to go and I just need to make her a house, but I probably won't start that one for a while.)

Nail art of the week:

 

Easiest type of nail art: magnetic nail polish. Lol. I used the magnet in different ways on each hand, but you can see it best in the second picture. (Also, this nail polish is called Try to Hide the Pain, and I showed my brother because I thought it was funny and he was like, "Heh. You when you go to work." The way that is so true 😭🤣🤣)

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★★


Other posts from this week:

#376: It's Time to Get Out of This Reading Slump

Book Haul

Library Loot:

  

I got some comic books from the library. I've had the series on my tbr for almost ten years now, and with my mood being weird right now, this was the perfect time to finally read it.


I also got a nonfiction book that I probably won't be reading any time soon, and another manga. This one seems to be horror.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I so love all your Sims stories! So are the challenges part of the game itself or something people set up to do? I don't know but it is so neat! Glad you're done with summer school for now. Enjoy your time away from that! Have a great week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, these challenges are just some that people have made. Lol. They are fun though!

      Delete