Sunday, July 14, 2024

Sunday Post #410: Heatwaves and Slumps, But at Least I Got Good Books


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

One more week of Summer school. Just one more. This week was fine. The kids had a field trip to a nearby store. We actually walked there, which was maybe 15-20 minutes away on foot, and it would've been fine except for the fact that it was the literal hottest day of the week 😭 I don't remember the exact temperature, but it was definitely in the high 90s. The walk there wasn't bad actually, but the walk back with the sun shining right in our faces... that was not fun. Especially for someone like me who hates Summer and the heat that accompanies it. Lol.

Aside from that, I haven't been doing much. I'm still in a reading slump which is not great. And I also have not been blogging or visiting other blogs as much as I would like to. There's something about a reading slump that always goes hand in hand with a blogging slump for me. I don't know why. And it doesn't seem like it outwardly because I'm still posting, but those reviews that have been going up lately are reviews I've had pre-written for a minute, so it's easy to post those. Lol. I'm hoping after Summer school is over I'll start feeling not as burned out as I've been feeling lately. Wish me luck.

What I've been listening to:

It's been like, idk, two maybe three weeks since Unlike Pluto released an album, but here he is with another one that just came out on Friday 😭


This guy doesn't rest. Lol. But I love his music so getting all this new stuff so close together, I am here for it! Lol.

What I've been playing:

My gameplay of the Every Occult/Mystical Motherhood challenge has slowed quite a bit because I'm almost done getting all the main occult Sims 😭 There are some other lesser occults I need to get but I need to move out the main occults because there isn't enough space in the household and I don't want to do that! I love them! 😭 I've been thinking of maybe making a tiny town (not the challenge, though I will probably be doing that one at some point this year lol) and still using For Rent to have them all on the same lot. But with For Rent being so buggy, I'm reluctant. Idk, we'll see. (I'm also thinking about starting another challenge and I made my main Sim yesterday, so I might start that today 👀)


My ghost sim has been working on her medium skill, and this pop-up made me laugh. Friend, you yourself are dead too 😂 Idk why you're complaining. Lol.


And going back to my Alien Takeover challenge, one of my main alien Sim's kids came back to visit (I had recently moved her out), so I had her help out with the kids while she was there. Lol. Well, said kid had his first blowout while his sister was holding him, and he looks extremely pleased with himself 🤣 The poor girl covered in filth looks so sad on the other hand 😂

Nail art of the week:

 

No nail art, only neon vibes. These neons are from last year's summer collection, and I wasn't planning on getting the summer collection from this year, but then I saw swatches and 😍 I bought them. I couldn't help it 😆 They wont arrive till August because they were on pre-order, but I am so excited to get them! This is one of my newer favorite nail polish brands!

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★☆☆
★★★★☆


Other posts from this week:

#375: Only Cells at Work

Book Haul

For Review:

 

This was such a good week for me in the book department because I got ARCs of two of my most anticipated books of the last half of this year! 😭 A huge thank you to Jennifer Estep and Simon & Schuster for these books! 😭 (And they also have purple covers which is my favorite color, but I digress lol).


Gifted:


I'm still on that manga bender. However, for some weird reason, my library has all six volumes EXCEPT for volume 5?? What is that about? So I ended up just buying it with some gift card credit I still had. It was worth it. This is such a fun series.


Library Loot:


Picked up volume 6 from the library and will probably be reading it tomorrow.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the new Lynn Painter book too! Love the nail colors. I really spent a lot of time playing Palia on my Switch. Still wishing I had the Sims every time I look at your posts. I'm not a fan of this heat either. Hope you are able to get some relief from that. And I hope your reading slump breaks too!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited for that Lynn Painter book! I just hope my mood cooperates soon 😭

      Delete