Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Finish the Series #3: I Finally Finished The Mortal Instruments And I Am Not Okay



In the past I've done these Random Reads posts where I would randomly choose a series to finish, but that hasn't worked out that well for me, me being a mood reader and all. So I decided that I would just pick a couple of series I'm in the mood for every so often and then post about it to really cement in that commitment 😅


Last month I picked six series I wanted to finish with a goal of finishing at least half of them, and here is how things went:



I finished three out of the six PLUS I finished another one I wasn't planning on:

Drop Dead Gorgeous (Return to Fear Street, #3)

To my knowledge, there are three books in the Return to Fear Street series, and this is book 3. So I finished FOUR series in the last month! It's the same amount of series I finished last month as well. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Lol. But I want to talk about me finally finishing TMI because I still can't believe it. I've been putting off finishing this series for literally 10 years! Lol. I first read this series way back in the day when it was originally a trilogy... and it WAS originally a trilogy. I have the proof!



Yup, that's how old my copy of City of Glass is 😂 When I found out that there was gonna be three more books added to this series I was excited! It's one of my favorite series, after all. But I was also scared because CoG just has such a perfect ending, so I was putting off reading the latter three books. Well, I finally read all six books in the series and it totally broke me 😩 You don't even know how much this series made me cry. But did I love it anyway? Yes, yes I did. Lol. I actually really like how it all wrapped up, even though I do like the first half of the series just a smidge more than the latter half. But overall, I loved it!


Here are the series I have picked to finish next:

Ink (Paper Gods, #1) Wires and Nerve (Wires and Nerve, #1) The Christopher Killer (Forensic Mysteries, #1)

As I write this, I'm in a really weird mood where I don't really know what I want to read next, so that's why I only picked three series for this month.

I rolled over Ink (the Paper Gods series) from last month because I STILL want to finish that BUT I still don't have book 2 from the library yet because I checked into my account and the person who has this book right now—well, it's two months overdue! Dude! What are you doing! Some of us want to read it too, you know 😩 Lol. I may have to resort to buying it, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I read Wires and Nerve a couple weeks ago, so this series should be easy to finish off since it's not only a graphic novel, but also a duology.

And last is the Forensic Mystery series. I was looking through the series I need to finish and this one jumped out at me. It's been about 8 years since I last read this series and I only have one more book left to read! I'll probably have to re-read the first three books to refresh my memory, but I don't think I'll mind since I remember really enjoying this series.


So those are the series I am hoping to get to in the next month or so! Wish me luck! 😅 Lol.

Let me know if you've read any of these series or if there is a series you are working on finishing right now 😊

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen anyone say they've read or are reading The Christopher Killer before! I read those years ago. I still own them so I should probably actually finish the series.
    I love R.L.Stine's Return to Fear Street books. I only read You May Now Kill the Bride but loved it so I need to pick up the rest.
    I could NOT finish the Mortal Instruments series. I hated where she was going with it and it kinda bugs me that she just keeps writing the same things over and over and over and over.
    I hope you finish what you want to this month! I need to start finishing (Oxymoron!) my series but it's hard because I get so A.D.D. about reading.

    Ash @ JennReneeRead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I haven't seen anyone talk about the Forensic Mystery series! I really enjoyed it though! And I really enjoyed the Return to Fear Street series as well. I totally get it about TMI, but I am so completely biased that I don't care what she writes, as long as it's in the Shadowhunters world you bet I'm gonna read it 😅 Lol.

      Thanks Ash!

      Delete
  2. Finishing half isn't so bad---it's probably three more series than you would have finished if you hadn't set your mind to it. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete