Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The Thanksgiving Book Tag



I saw this fun tag over at Angel's Guilty Pleasures and it was created by Fangirlscity.


Bread
What book is purely fluff, and has no real plot line?

Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One

At the time or writing this post, I'm actually still reading this book, but I am loving it! Yes, there is no real plot line, but it just such a fun book! I love Jack and all the crazy situations he finds himself in!


Turkey
What book made you want to fall asleep?

Hocus Pocus & The All New Sequel

I was really excited for this book, but it was just disappointing. The first part of the book was a novelization of the movie (which I found out I didn't like because it's literally a word for word retelling of the movie), and the sequel part was just underwhelming. It's a shame because I adore the movie!


Gravy
What book makes the whole series worth reading?

Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)

In the first two books of the Elemental Assassin series Gin's love interesting is a detective named Donovan Caine... whom I hated! While he enjoyed Gin's company, he did not love her alter ego, the assassin The Spider. But in Venom, book three of the series, we meet Owen and he is the sweetest guy ever who accepts Gin for who she is, assassin and all. I adore him!


Stuffing
What book is stuffed full of action scenes?

Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12)

Any and all Jennifer Estep books are stuffed full of action! She just does action really well and I love it!


Mashed Potatoes
What book looked good, and then wasn’t?

There's Someone Inside Your House

I went into this book thinking it was gonna be an awesome mystery/thriller, but it turned out to be a contemporary that every once in a while remembered it was supposed to be solving a mystery. Look, I'm starting to come around on contemporaries, but you can't just go and spring one on me when I'm expecting thrills and chills!


Cranberries
What book has the sweetest romance?

All's Fair in Love, War, and High School by Janette Rallison

Speaking of contemporaries, Janette Rallison writes the sweetest romances ever, and this is one of my favorites!


Corn
What’s the corniest book you’ve ever read?

Love, Lattes and Mutants (Mutants, #1)

The romance in this was cheesy AF. Can't say I enjoyed it... Though that may have to do more with the fact that it had both instalove AND a love triangle, two things which I absolutely hate.


Green Beans
What book is too long and needs to be shortened?

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)

The beginning of this book dragged! I wouldn't have minded if it was shorter.


Pumpkin Pie
What book do you read to get out of a reading slump?



I don't read any one particular book to get me out of a reading slump, me being a mood reader and all, but I have noticed that Fear Street books tend to do the trick.


Dog/Cat
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food that you would steal from the table?

Image result for mashed potatoes and gravy

Mashed potatoes, yum 🤤


Let me know what books help get you out of a reading slump! And also let me know what your favorite Thanksgiving food is!

Image result for happy thanksgiving gif

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

4 comments:

  1. What a fun tag! I've been trying to find a book to get me out of my reading slump for the past few months and have been unsuccessful. My favorite food at Thanksgiving has to be the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes with reading slumps I just have to ride it out. I go watch movies or a show until the urge to read comes back to me. I hope you find the right book soon though!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you weren't a fan of There's Someone Inside Your House---I agree that it does sound good, though. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It just wasn't for me, I guess 🤷‍♀️

      Delete