Friday, November 1, 2019

Monthly Wrap-Up: October 2019



That's right, I'm still continuing with the spooky theme because Spooky Season isn't over until Day of the Dead has passed 😏

dia de los muertos gif

Feliz Dia de los Muertos if you celebrate! 😊


Books read this month

This month I read 14 books, 1 graphic novel, and 4 novellas! 4 of these books were re-reads and 5 were short Fear Street books.

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) Spartan Destiny (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #3) City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) The Evil Moon (Fear Street: The Cataluna Chronicles, #1)

I started off the month with The Mortal Instruments... which totally broke me 😩 Then I read Spartan Destiny which is the last book in that series and it makes me SO sad because I love the Mythos Academy world! Then I moved onto some Fear Street...

The Dark Secret (Fear Street: The Cataluna Chronicles, #2) The Deadly Fire (Fear Street: The Cataluna Chronicles, #3) The Confession (Fear Street, #38) City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)

I finally read The Cataluna Chronicles which I had been meaning to read since, like, last year. Lol. I read another Fear Street book before finally starting CoHF. I still can't believe I did it... I finally finished TMI! 😭

Blackheath (The Blackheath Witches, #1) Blackheath Resurrection  (The Blackheath Witches, #2) The Dead and Buried The Face (Fear Street, #35)

After that I read the Blackheath duology for some witchy, magical fun. The first Blackheath book and The Dead and Buried (a ghostly mystery!) were both re-reads! The Face was also a re-read... I think? Look, I don't remember. I read a lot of Fear Street 😅

Secrets (Fear Street Collector's Edition, #3) Drop Dead Gorgeous (Return to Fear Street, #3) Wires and Nerve (Wires and Nerve, #1) Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One

Some newer Fear Street was read then I finally dove into the graphic novel that takes place in The Lunar Chronicles world! I really enjoyed it! Tales From The Gas Station started off as Creepypasta stories, stories which are my absolute favorite! I love listening to Creepypastas, but these particular ones are just amazing! I was very excited when I found out that there was a book, and it did not disappoint! I adored it!

What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1) The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2) Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3) The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles, #4)

And I ended the month with some more Shadowhunter Chronicles. I have read 4 of the 11 novellas in The Bane Chronicles. I love Magnus so I obviously love this. Lol.


And my favorite book(s!) of the month were...

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One

I am picking two favorites this month because I can! Lol. Obviously I have to pick a TMI book. I adore this series and I am so sad that I am finally done with it! Did it make me cry? Yes. Do I love it anyway? Also yes. Lol. And Tales From The Gas Station is another favorite because I just love this world and the characters and the wacky, weird situations they find themselves in. I cannot wait to read volume 2!


Books Reviewed in this month

 Sharpest Sting Double Date (Fear Street, #23) The First Scream (Fear Park, #1) The Last Time I Lied

Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin #18) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Double Date (Fear Street #23) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
The First Scream (Fear Park #1) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager | ★★★★☆

The First Horror (99 Fear Street: The House of Evil, #1) Hey Diddle Diddle The Zombie In The Middle (Mellow Summers, #14) The Second Horror (99 Fear Street: The House of Evil, #2) The Loudest Scream (Fear Park, #2)

The First Horror (99 Fear Street: The House of Evil #1) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Hey Diddle Diddle The Zombie In The Middle (Mellow Summers #14) by Janet McNulty | ★★★★☆
The Second Horror (99 Fear Street: The House of Evil #2) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
The Loudest Scream (Fear Park #2) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆

I Hunt Killers (I Hunt Killers, #1) Runaway (Fear Street, #41) The Third Horror (99 Fear Street: The House of Evil, #3)

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga | ★★★★☆
Runaway (Fear Street #41) by R.L. Stine | ★★★★★
The Third Horror (99 Fear Street: The House of Evil #3) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆

The Last Scream (Fear Park, #3) Stalking Jack the Ripper

The Last Scream (Fear Park #3) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco | ★★★☆☆


Other Posts

September 2019

 dcom halloween movies book tag

 tbr  monday reading

#2: Off To A Great Start!

Spooktacular Hop
Giveaway over


And that's it! I actually didn't read a lot of spooky stuff in October... unless you count Fear Street, which I don't because they're not that scary. Lol. Let me know if you read anything spooky or what your favorite read of October was!

6 comments:

  1. Looks to me like Spooktalar month or good reads. I hoped you enjoyed your halloween or any other spooky holidays. I am now following your blog. Please follow back it you can. Check out my wrap up here: https://nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2019/10/monthly-wrap-up-october-2019.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the covers of the Blackheath series. See my October wrap up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they gorgeous? And I love how one flows right into the next.

      Delete
  3. Awesome reading month! I actually just got the first 3 books in the Mortal Instruments series as I haven't read it yet. I know I'm late to the game, but I know can binge read if I choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yay!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! And hey, better late than never. Lol. It is one of my favorite series EVER!

      Delete