Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: February 2022


Hope you guys had a great month! Mine was filled with anxiety mostly 😬 No reason... just me and my mental health issues 😅 I started working out and I am feeling A LOT better now! The last two weeks of February were better for me in that sense! Weather-wise, Washington state was still pretty cold, and we even got snow this weekend, BUT today it started to warm up and we reached 50F!! It was SO nice! I am so sick of the cold, so I hope things will begin to warm up... and stay warm. Lol. Oooh, also, my cousin is getting married in Mexico City this Spring, so our arrangements are getting finalized. After the wedding we're heading to Acapulco for a couple of days and I am SO excited! I literally just booked our hotel there and the resort is beautiful! Ah! I'm excited! And I need a vacation! My mental health demands it 😆 I honestly have not had a vacation since 2019 when I went to Cancun in February... so exactly three years ago! I'm a little worried about Covid, but we are playing it by ear and we're definitely going to be super careful!

Books read this month:


So in February I read 4 books and 1 novella and a total of 1151 pages (about 1000 pages less than last month 😅). I read Avalon 8 years ago and I absolutely loved it back then! This time though, I didn't love it as much 🙈 I mean, it wasn't terrible by any means, but I just didn't love it as much the second time around. Idk what it was... the story was really interesting, but I think I just didn't care too much for the characters, especially not the love interest. It DID satisfy my sci-fi craving, so there's that. Lol. How to Survive a Horror Movie and it was AMAZING! I loved it! This is a nonfiction book about how to survive fictional movies. Lol. You know I love my horror movies, so of course I enjoyed this! It was really funny and meta and just a great time all around! When I say I'll read anything Jennifer Estep writes, I literally mean anything 😆 Write Your Own Cake is an essay about writing and worldbuilding and Jennifer Estep uses Kill the Queen as an example. It was really informative and I loved her cake metaphors! Lol.


I LOVE horror movies and I love science, so Nightmare Fuel? It was perfect for me! It read kinda dry in some areas, but overall I really enjoyed it! It was very fascinating and I just liked learning about what happens inside the brain and our bodies when we consume horror and why we like it in general. And last is another Space Janitor book because I'm still obsessed with this world 😆 It's just so much fun and I love all the crazy situations the characters get into! And I just love the characters themselves and their fun banter! Plus the mysteries are always interesting!

Favorite books of the month:


I don't know... I liked them all! I mean, I of course have to include Planetary Spin Cycle because I just love anything Space Janitor-related 😆 And I also really enjoyed the two nonfiction books about horror movies... it's a super niche genre, but it is a genre I just realized I love. Lol. I already have my eyes on some other horror movie-related nonfiction books!

Least favorite book of the month:


Like I said, I didn't hate this book, but it was a little bit of a disappointment because I just remember enjoying it so much 8 years ago. Tastes change, though, so 🤷‍♀️

Books reviewed this month:


Dead Silence by S.A. Barnes | ★★★★☆
A Sense of Danger (Section 47 #1) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Nothing But Blackened Teeth by Cassandra Khaw | ★★☆☆☆

Other posts:

January 2022



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

4 comments:

  1. Good month for books! I think everyone needs a vacay at this point. Glad you will be getting yours soon in Spring! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to Survive a Horror Movie sound like a good book.

    ReplyDelete